Windows 10: Poor audio quality disrupting video calls.

Discus and support Poor audio quality disrupting video calls. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new 4 months old Acer SWIFT SF314-57G, i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 home. Since the pandemic I am making regular video calls using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MB_499, Jul 7, 2020.

1. MB_499 Win User

Poor audio quality disrupting video calls.

I have a new 4 months old Acer SWIFT SF314-57G, i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 home. Since the pandemic I am making regular video calls using a variety of platforms Skype, Zoom, Jitsi, Cisco and others. I have noticed that the sound quality is often very poor - a lot of crackling and cut-outs in the sound stream. This is true using several different locations and different wireless networks, i.e. this is not a connection issue. Recently the issues have become so severe that it is hard to follow some meetings. In addition, I notice that the computer slows dramatically concurrently with the poor sound quality, becomes very hot and all applications running start to freeze. Sometimes this leads to the video call freezing or in one case, blue screen of death. The problems are the same whether I use the laptop speakers, or my own headphones. The problems persist even if I switch off the video stream. I have tried a few things - reinstalling the audio driver via the Windows Audio Troubleshooting function, disabling Audio Enahncements, and disabling 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' and reducing the sound encoding to 16 bit. I have also tried reinstalling the Audio Driver supplied on the Acer website. I have the latest Windows updates installed 2020-01 Windows 10 Version 1909 KB4497165. I have also tried running the LatencyMon application https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon suggested in a few posts related to audio issues - this identified long latencies in Wdf01000.sys and acpi.sys. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if this is a windows 10 issue or an Acer issue or how to troubleshoot it further?

:)

MB_499, Jul 7, 2020

2. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made on the PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the troubleshooter for Bluetooth.

1. Go to Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Bluetooth.
    3. Follow the instructions on the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Try updating the Bluetooth drivers. Refer the article to

update drivers in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article by Bose on
    poor sound quality from a Bluetooth device
    and

optimizing audio

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Poor On Call Audio Quality issue

Hi guys,

Im aware everyone has issues while listening to music via the headphones as i have that too. Thats something i can live with.

However, what i cant live it is poor on call quality issues without the headphones. The other person on the call doesnt sound all that loud, clear n crisp to me. I keep having to press the phone more towards my ear to hear them louder and better.
    Its sub par. Its worse than any phone ive used.

I just switched from an iPhone to this and im very dissappointed.

NOKIA PLEASE FIX THESE AUDIO QUALITY ISSUES!!! This needs more addressing than the battery issues..

AnoopParwani---01, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Poor audio quality disrupting video calls.

Poor audio quality after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Eugene,

As you are facing issues with sound quality after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you referring to sound quality from the computer/ speakers/ headphones?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and drivers updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted audio drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.
    If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound after upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Poor audio quality disrupting video calls.

1. Poor audio quality disrupting video calls. - Similar Threads - Poor audio quality

2. Image / audio lag, poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image / audio lag, poor sound quality: Hello, I have a new Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 8GB, 512GB SSD, running Windows 11. On 2 occasions now - both times when streaming on Netflix - the screen has frozen, audio continued and then computer crashed, leaving only the option to power off/ on again.On...
  3. Poor audio quality on streaming services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor audio quality on streaming services: Audio is extremely low when watching streaming services. Audio is fine through other apps or from websites eg YouTube.Have tried everything:Checked audio settings - everything on 100%Run troubleshooter - nill issues foundUninstalled/ Updated driversUpdated BIOSTurned off...
  4. Poor audio quality on streaming services

Poor audio quality on streaming services: Audio is extremely low when watching streaming services. Audio is fine through other apps or from websites eg YouTube.Have tried everything:Checked audio settings - everything on 100%Run troubleshooter - nill issues foundUninstalled/ Updated driversUpdated BIOSTurned off...
  5. Poor Audio Recording Quality on Windows 11

Poor Audio Recording Quality on Windows 11: I'm currently experiencing issues with poor audio recording quality when using my brand new USB mic on my Acer Aspire 5 laptop. Here is what it sounds like when I try to record using this mic: https://youtu.be/6B6FoZxr7sA The issue isn't with the USB mic, because I tested it...
  6. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  7. video clips zoomed and poor quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    video clips zoomed and poor quality: why are my video clips zoomed you tube is fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-clips-zoomed-and-poor-quality/096e22de-d112-45d7-9810-cc01e59a22bf
  8. Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality: I have had poor bluetooth audio quality ever since I did some updates through the HP Support Assistant. Some of those updates mentioned bluetooth drivers and I don't know if I messed something up by installing them. I've tried troubleshooting, but it comes back with...
  9. poor quality

poor quality: the other day I recorded videos and the quality was great. then I went to yesterday and suddenly the quality is terrible on my laptop but when I export the video it is good quality. I am having this issue both in the camera app and also the zoom app. when I called dell the...
  10. UE Megaboom audio quality poor/no audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UE Megaboom audio quality poor/no audio: Hello, I am trying to connect my UE Megaboom to my Dell Latitude 5480 laptop running Windows 10 1903 but am experiencing a few issues. First, when I initially connected, it discovered my device as a headset and my audio quality was very poor and audio was quiet. I did some...