Windows 10: Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Discus and support Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, so here is my problem: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CalebGee1, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CalebGee1 Win User

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Hello, so here is my problem:

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works perfectly fine at first, but if I let it sit idle for, let's say, longer than a minute, the audio will be choppy; by this, I mean that when I attempt to play any sound through the headphones, the audio cuts out every second for about half a second continuously. It is the same length and pattern of choppiness every time this happens, and this happens constantly. I have to turn the headset on and off again and then it will return back to smooth audio, but I have to constantly be doing this (I work in medical transcription, so you can probably understand how frustrating this is, having to do this multiple times with every job). Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas on what is causing this?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

***Original title: Bluetooth headphones audio gets choppy after being left idle for any period of time.***

:)

CalebGee1, Nov 16, 2018

2. Bluetooth headphones with integrated mic - Either selected as stereo headphones with good quality or headset with poor quality

Hi

Win10 64 bit

I have a pair of JVC SBT5 bluetooth headphones which have an integrated mic for mobile handsfree. I have a generic bluetooth 4.0 dongle connected and wish to use the headphones for gaming with push to talk.

The issue is that the headphones show up twice on the sound menu - once as SBT5 Stereo which plays back at high quality of 44.1kHz (where the microphone does not work and is not discoverable) and once as SBT5 Hands-Free which plays back at poor telephone
    quality of 8kHz but the microphone works, however I don't want to be gaming with horrible fuzzy quality. Presumably this is setup with the assumption that this is for office use and the maximum that users would reasonably expect.

I have just reinstalled Win 10 and updated to most recent after system corruption. I have also installed latest BIOS and audio drivers for MB.

I have tried updating bluetooth drivers but most recent was already installed.

I want to use the headphones with high quality and mic enabled. Surely there must be a way in 2017 to have both. Any suggestions?

Thanks

DominicSleightholme, Nov 16, 2018
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Nov 16, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Bluetooth quality poor

Can you open the Details tab and copy and paste the Hardware IDs values into a follow-up post? This will let us look for newer drivers/potential driver updates for you to try. Thanks and HTH,
    --Ed--

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones [​IMG]

EdTittel, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones - Similar Threads - Poor audio quality

2. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  3. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  4. Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...: I was using them earlier and they had great audio, but after connecting a bluetooth speaker, testing it, and then reconnecting the headphones, the audio quality is much worse. When I go into "Sounds" in settings, and to the output options and select the headphones, the only...
  5. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  6. Poor Quality from Bluetooth Headphones in Voice/Video Chat Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Quality from Bluetooth Headphones in Voice/Video Chat Programs: Hello, I have a problem with using Bluetooth headphones on voice/video services such as Discord and Zoom. Normally when I use the headphones in audio through Spotify, Youtube, etc., the audio sounds perfect. However, when I use it in Discord or Zoom it sounds like the other...
  7. Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality: I have had poor bluetooth audio quality ever since I did some updates through the HP Support Assistant. Some of those updates mentioned bluetooth drivers and I don't know if I messed something up by installing them. I've tried troubleshooting, but it comes back with...
  8. BlueTooth Headphones Bad Audio Quality

BlueTooth Headphones Bad Audio Quality: Hi all ,whenever I use my Bluetooth headphones it is extremely bad quality. It says connected as "voice", I have tried updating drivers it says you have the latest drivers installed. I tried unchecking hands free telephony but when I go to sound settings my headphones are...
  9. Poor audio quality in Sony mdr zx330bt Headphone

Poor audio quality in Sony mdr zx330bt Headphone: My sony mdr zx330bt have poor quality audio. I am using an Acer Aspire u5-620 AIO (all in one) running Windows 10 If you need more information: Computer: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/series/aspireu Headphones:...
  10. Bluetooth quality poor

Bluetooth quality poor: Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device manager but tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a way I can update this? TIA 72578

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 bluetooth audio quality

2. win10 bluetooth headphones bad quality sound

3. poor sound quality bluetooth speaker windows phone

4. poor quuality headpone,
  5. bose ae2 wireless headphones poor quality