Windows 10: Poor contrast since the recent Windows update

Discus and support Poor contrast since the recent Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone help me because since I updated my laptop about a week ago, the contrast has been really poor and it's difficult to see the boundaries on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MelissaSeddon, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Poor contrast since the recent Windows update

Can anyone help me because since I updated my laptop about a week ago, the contrast has been really poor and it's difficult to see the boundaries on boxes etc.

Does anyone have a solution?

:)

MelissaSeddon, Oct 8, 2018

2. High Contrast Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to apply the changes from the settings option in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1) Type High contrast settings in the search box and then click on High Contrast settings.

2) In the right pane select the level of contrast choose a theme and check.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 8, 2018
  3. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Oct 8, 2018
  4. slozomby Win User

Poor contrast since the recent Windows update

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Poor contrast since the recent Windows update

1. Poor contrast since the recent Windows update - Similar Threads - Poor contrast since

2. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent: I have windows 10 Home 2019 and except for security updates, I have never recieved an update. I keep getting this error 0x80070246. How to fix it?...
  3. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent: I have windows 10 Home 2019 and except for security updates, I have never recieved an update. I keep getting this error 0x80070246. How to fix it?...
  4. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  6. Poor System Performance since updating Windows 10 to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor System Performance since updating Windows 10 to 1909: We are seeing quite a few system faults with explore.exe with quite a few of our users. We see this app fault consistenly with some users and it is causing performance issues, windows movement lag and video lag. We have adjusted Performance options to best performance and...
  7. Display issues since recent update

Display issues since recent update: Recently updated on 9/26/2020 to OS build 19041.508. Since the update when I hover over an icon, increase/decrease volume the screen goes black, the color is also fluctuating, from cooler to warmer. I typically have my color setting set to warmer when plugged in to power. Not...
  8. Br-800 drivers respond poorly since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Br-800 drivers respond poorly since update: I have updated windows 10 recently and my Boss BR-800 recorder is responding very poorly when connecting to the usb port. Files transfers now take 25 minutes instead of 3 minutes. Can microsoft look into this please and thank you. The firmware on the recorder is updated to...
  9. Poor game performance after recent updates

Poor game performance after recent updates: My games, specifically Rockstar games, started freezing and stuttering after april's udates. After uninstalling Windows Defender Antivirus update things became better, but still worse than before. Please, help....
  10. No Sound Since Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound Since Recent Windows Update: No sound on laptop since recent Windows update last night. This is the second time this has happened. The last time was a year or so ago and I brought my laptop to the store I purchased it from as it was a recent purchase. They fixed it. This time I am trying to fix the...