Windows 10: poor internet connection after a software update

Discus and support poor internet connection after a software update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a rca cambio 10.1'' 2 in 1 tablet/pc. After one of the automatic updates in 2018 it wont connect to my home network unless i am about 5 feet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeremyBurton2, Aug 31, 2019.

1. poor internet connection after a software update

I have a rca cambio 10.1'' 2 in 1 tablet/pc. After one of the automatic updates in 2018 it wont connect to my home network unless i am about 5 feet from my router.

:)

JeremyBurton2, Aug 31, 2019

2. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 31, 2019
  4. poor internet connection after a software update

Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

poor internet connection after a software update

1. poor internet connection after a software update - Similar Threads - poor internet connection

2. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  3. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  4. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Software will not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Software will not connect to the internet: A few days ago I noticed that my Outlook would no longer connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server. I have one account run via Google, and this worked fine, but I couldn't receive or send messages via the desktop Outlook app any longer through Microsoft-based accounts. On the...
  6. Microsoft Software will not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Software will not connect to the internet: A few days ago I noticed that my Outlook would no longer connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server. I have one account run via Google, and this worked fine, but I couldn't receive or send messages via the desktop Outlook app any longer through Microsoft-based accounts. On the...
  7. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  8. Poor Internet Connection

Poor Internet Connection: Greetings, I am trying to improve my PC's connection to the Internet. I am paying my service provider for around 100Mbps speeds. Speedtest.net indicates that I am only getting around 6-8Mbps. I've tried this test on both the 2.4 and 5G connections, and I'm sitting right...
  9. wifi connectivity poor after update.

wifi connectivity poor after update.: we have multiple laptops and the ones running WIN 10 keep shuting the wifi adapter off'. The fix for this was to uncheck the connect automatically box for the adapter in the notification pane. I was able to use ethernet and after getting closer to the router, I had decent...
  10. internet connection, browsers working poorly.

in Browsers and Email
    internet connection, browsers working poorly.: Windows 10 Like the title says, bad browser performance with a good internet connection. Google Chrome wont work at all, firefox works sometimes, edge works sometimes. Its only been happening over the past few days. I have a laptop at home on win 10, it must have received...