Windows 10: poor internet connection after a software update

Discus and support poor internet connection after a software update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a rca cambio 10.1'' 2 in 1 tablet/pc. After one of the automatic updates in 2018 it wont connect to my home network unless i am about 5 feet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeremyBurton2, Aug 31, 2019.

1. poor internet connection after a software update

I have a rca cambio 10.1'' 2 in 1 tablet/pc. After one of the automatic updates in 2018 it wont connect to my home network unless i am about 5 feet from my router.

:)

JeremyBurton2, Aug 31, 2019

2. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 31, 2019
  4. poor internet connection after a software update

Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

poor internet connection after a software update

1. poor internet connection after a software update - Similar Threads - poor internet connection

2. No Internet Connectivity after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  3. Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update

Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update: Hello, as title sais - after the last update I have to do a network reset to get my connection speed to normal. I am on a 1 GBps fiber optic and constantly getting 5mbps after the last update. Yes drivers are up-to-date, yes I've spoken to my provider etcetc. Please do...
  4. Poor Internet Connection

Poor Internet Connection: Greetings, I am trying to improve my PC's connection to the Internet. I am paying my service provider for around 100Mbps speeds. Speedtest.net indicates that I am only getting around 6-8Mbps. I've tried this test on both the 2.4 and 5G connections, and I'm sitting right...
  5. wifi connectivity poor after update.

wifi connectivity poor after update.: we have multiple laptops and the ones running WIN 10 keep shuting the wifi adapter off'. The fix for this was to uncheck the connect automatically box for the adapter in the notification pane. I was able to use ethernet and after getting closer to the router, I had decent...
  6. internet connection, browsers working poorly.

in Browsers and Email
    internet connection, browsers working poorly.: Windows 10 Like the title says, bad browser performance with a good internet connection. Google Chrome wont work at all, firefox works sometimes, edge works sometimes. Its only been happening over the past few days. I have a laptop at home on win 10, it must have received...
  7. internet connection, browsers working poorly in normal mode.

internet connection, browsers working poorly in normal mode.: Windows 10 64bit Like the title says, internet speed is fine in safe mode but low and intermittent (connection) in normal mode. There are threads here that offer tips, but none of them worked for me. Any ideas welcome. Cheerio Chris 92694
  8. Very poor connectivity...

Very poor connectivity...: Let me start with we have an extremely slow ISP. We are at the "end of the line", only available ISP, other than satellite, is Century Links 1.5mbps d/l. We rarely see .7mbps currently, CL is claiming that we will be on fiber optics by summer. Anyway, here is my problem. I...
  9. No internet connection after 10130 update

No internet connection after 10130 update: Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the previous build. 6442
  10. Can not connect to the internet after mega update

Can not connect to the internet after mega update: Hello folks, First, I am not too sure if I should post this in Networks section or windows update section. The mods can move it around as necessary. So yesterday, for the second time this week, my laptop updated Windows 10. It took about 3 hours to update, both the...