Windows 10: Poor LAN wifi speed

Discus and support Poor LAN wifi speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TexTwil, Sep 1, 2016.

1. TexTwil Win User

Poor LAN wifi speed

Hi,
    My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router.

I have this setup
    - Archer T4U USB 802.11 ac (drivers updated)
    - USB 3
    - Airport Extreme router 802.11 ac (5Ghz only)
    - PC is about 3 meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between
    - All other equipment (MacBook, iPhone) do not have wifi speed issues. From the same point as the PC, I get much higher speeds (500Mbps)

What could be wrong?

My rig:

PCPartPicker part list: Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB - System Build - PCPartPicker

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 54.4 CFM CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T4U USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

cheers,
    Tex

:)

TexTwil, Sep 1, 2016

2. Poor WiFi Speed

Hello,

Actually I just bought one a few weeks ago to replace my Comcast Modem.

Mine is the Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router AC1900

It is very good

The Max 802.11n is 600Mbits and the 802.11ac is 1.3Gbits

Now I have 150/10 Internet Speed and I have noticed on my 802.11n 2x2 Wi-fi Card I have about 60-80Mbits Internet and 144Mbits networking speed however I took that test on a Intel 2230N Wireless Card which is pretty old.

but on 802.11ac 2x2 I get around 869Mbits Networking and my full Internet 150-175

So I would recommend not only this router but to get a Netgear 2x2 USB Wi-Fi 802.11ac card so you can get up to 869Mbits Networking. And Full Internet speed

Now to hit 1.3Gbits you will need a 3x3 Wi-Fi card and I am not sure if Netgear sells those for USB.

But I would recommend at least a 802.11ac 2x2 card.

802.11n 2x2 is not really that fast however like I said I have seen internet up around 60-80 and about 95 when I am the only one on it.

But on 802.11ac I have a network speed of 869 with Internet of 150 to 175Mbits.

What setup do you have right now?

Also have you ran a speed test from Speedtest.net ? There the fastest one to speed test.

1029rjmenvy17t2, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Poor WiFi Speed

Hello,

I own my own IT Company and have tried every troubleshooting technique imaginable, it appears to be an issue with Windows 10 specifically, I just set up 2 brand new windows 10 machines today and again could not achieve speeds greater than 20 mbps, hard wiring
    achieved 40 mbps, still not what I am paying for and can register on every device not running Win 10.

MikeHogan1, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Poor LAN wifi speed

strong overlapping adjacent channels ?

The free inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 network analyser will tell you what you need to know about your local network and througput configuration including WIFI overcrowdinng ,overlapping and adjacent or co channel channel networks ,other newtorks (neiboors ) but outside of driver ,fiewall ,port configuration or HDWE problems .

Google search screenshot image not mine

FWIW -40-50-db like the blue channel in image and small overlaps should be fine depending on how strong and close to your channel the overlap channel or channels are ,co channels (stacks ) to a point usually arent a problem even though those may look much worse in SSIDer to a newbie *sarc:

Poor LAN wifi speed [​IMG]

electronuser, Sep 1, 2016
  5. TexTwil Win User
    The problem might be that it's a dual channel network. If I force the adapter to be 5Ghz only, the speed is fine but the connection drops completely as if the usb device was randomly connected/disconnected :/

Poor LAN wifi speed [​IMG]

TexTwil, Sep 1, 2016
  6. I would be looking for some different USB device drivers straight away, they usually have more than one or unified drivers or from different brand similar devices with the same SoC that will run any of those USB dongles or whatever you have (sometimes better) especially if you know what SoC chip is in it and don't necessarily depend on Windows or a winbeta to fetch you the right wireless driver all that is a crap shoot trust me I just dealt with that last night (no connection to my visible network ) on my internal Wifi in this PC in my specs when 14915 put in the wrong drivers .*really

electronuser, Sep 1, 2016
  7. TexTwil Win User
    It seems I solved it by completely removing all the TP Link software and drivers and installing them again.

Thanks for your help

cheers

TexTwil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Poor LAN wifi speed

1. Poor LAN wifi speed - Similar Threads - Poor LAN wifi

2. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  3. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  4. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  5. Internet connection sharing poor speed

Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  6. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. OFFLINE LAN SPEED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OFFLINE LAN SPEED: I connected two pc windows 11 and windows 10 through offline lan cable. Some time data transfer speed is very good. When restart some time data transfer speed is very slow. It change slow to high or high to slow when restart pc....
  8. OFFLINE LAN SPEED

OFFLINE LAN SPEED: I connected two pc windows 11 and windows 10 through offline lan cable. Some time data transfer speed is very good. When restart some time data transfer speed is very slow. It change slow to high or high to slow when restart pc....
  9. Poor download speed.

Poor download speed.: Very recently my download speed went from about 65mps to 18. Upload about 18. The hub is hard wired to my desktop. BT engineers came out and corrected a couple of line faults, no difference, so said fault in computer. I connected my tablet wirelessly which gave readings of...
  10. Extremely Poor Download Speed

Extremely Poor Download Speed: I've been having many problems lately with downloads on my PC (running Windows 10 Home). Internet speed is completely fine during most times, but when I attempt to download anything (games, software, etc.) My download speed is AWFUL and usually ends in an error. I have tested...