Windows 10: Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade

Discus and support Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I own an Asus Laptop which initially had a 1 HDD with a DVD Drive slot. After a year I decided to install an SSD. So I went to a computer repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MausamBahar, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade

Hello, I own an Asus Laptop which initially had a 1 HDD with a DVD Drive slot. After a year I decided to install an SSD. So I went to a computer repair shop and asked to replace the DVD Drive with a SATA SSD. But I don't know why he did this. He opened the DVD writer; fine. He should then install the SATA SSD using a caddy. But to my surprise, he instead opened the existing HDD from where it was and installed the SSD in the HDD's slot, and then he installed the HDD in the caddy and mounted the caddy in the DVD writer area.I did a clean installation of Windows 11 in the SSD and I saw a great im

:)

MausamBahar, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade

1. Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade - Similar Threads - Poor laptop performance

2. HP Laptop Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Poor Performance: I have come into possession of an HP G62 laptop, probably 10 years old at least running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has an AMD Athlon II P320 dual core processor 2.10 GHz with 3 GB RAM.I've removed everything non-essential and performance is still abysmal. Any program...
  3. HP Laptop Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptop Poor Performance: I have come into possession of an HP G62 laptop, probably 10 years old at least running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has an AMD Athlon II P320 dual core processor 2.10 GHz with 3 GB RAM.I've removed everything non-essential and performance is still abysmal. Any program...
  4. Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade: Hello, I own an Asus Laptop which initially had a 1 HDD with a DVD Drive slot. After a year I decided to install an SSD. So I went to a computer repair shop and asked to replace the DVD Drive with a SATA SSD. But I don't know why he did this. He opened the DVD writer; fine....
  5. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  6. Windows 10 Installed SSD performs poorly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Installed SSD performs poorly: Hi all, I'm experiencing a rather recent issue of my SSD 1 of 3 which has windows and a number of programs installed on it running incredibly slowly. Typically I have noticed this when running games on steam the primary use of the computer or quite noticably when verifying...
  7. Windows 10 Installed SSD performs poorly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installed SSD performs poorly: Hi all, I'm experiencing a rather recent issue of my SSD 1 of 3 which has windows and a number of programs installed on it running incredibly slowly. Typically I have noticed this when running games on steam the primary use of the computer or quite noticably when verifying...
  8. SSD to SSD clone, cloned SSD has poor performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD to SSD clone, cloned SSD has poor performance: Hi all, Cloned the OEM drive in an HP Elitebook 850 G5 yesterday, to a Kingston A2000. I used Clonezilla, everything went off without a hitch. The reason for this was because I needed more space; 250GB to 500. Throw the new drive in, boot up, and the thing is quite slow....
  9. Windows 10 poor hdd and ssd performance after win7 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 poor hdd and ssd performance after win7 upgrade: Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because the secondary HDD and system SSD when in use gets up to 100% and high avg. response time which slows the system down. After a restart everything's good for a while. I didn't had...
  10. Poor performance after performing refresh

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Poor performance after performing refresh: I've been using Windows 10 for a few months now without any problems. A couple of days ago, my computer stopped booting, up, instead getting stuck in a loop between failed startup repair attempts and resetting. After finding no way to resolve the issue, I performed a refresh...