Windows 10: Poor microphone quality

Discus and support Poor microphone quality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop automatically performed a system update on June 4, 2020. Ever since, my microphone quality, as reported by others, is very poor. This issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kelly Hawkes, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Poor microphone quality

My laptop automatically performed a system update on June 4, 2020. Ever since, my microphone quality, as reported by others, is very poor. This issue occurs for both the integrated microphone in my laptop as well as for the microphone in an external headset. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.19041

A related issue may be a Windows 10 task, "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" which consumes 10% of a 4 core 2.5 GHz processor whenever I join a Google Meet.

I am quite frustrated because this new laptop has the creation of system restore points disabled and consequently I am not able to revert to the previous OS that was known to work.

1. Is there list of official Microsoft Windows 10 Pro releases?

2. Can I direct my laptop to download and install a known good release just prior to June 4th?

3. Does anyone have ideas on how I could further isolate the problem to determine if it is a hardware or a software issue?

:)

Kelly Hawkes, Jun 19, 2020

2. Recording From Internal Microphone Poor Quality

I have a Toshiba L-50 laptop and recently the recordings I make on the internal microphone have become very poor quality - the sound is cutting out regularly. Can anyone help ?

Cheers.

robingrimmond, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Cant change microphone quality

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'd suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you're able to change the microphone quality.

1. Click on Start icon.

2. Type Manage audio devices and press Enter.

3. Click on Recording tab.

4. Right click on the Microphone and select Properties.

5. Click on Advanced tab.

6. Set the sample rate to CD Quality or DVD Quality.

7. Click on Apply and OK.

Restart the system and check. Update us on the result.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Poor microphone quality

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made on the PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the troubleshooter for Bluetooth.

1. Go to Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Bluetooth.
    3. Follow the instructions on the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Try updating the Bluetooth drivers. Refer the article to

update drivers in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article by Bose on
    poor sound quality from a Bluetooth device
    and

optimizing audio

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Poor microphone quality

1. Poor microphone quality - Similar Threads - Poor microphone quality

2. Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*: I recently had the choppy microphone audio problem when recording 15 second game clips via Xbox game bar on my Windows 10 pc. I went into settings to boost the microphone quality to max, and even though I have an extremely nice microphone Shure SM7B it didn't help at all....
  3. Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar - microphone quality is poor/choppy *FIX*: I recently had the choppy microphone audio problem when recording 15 second game clips via Xbox game bar on my Windows 10 pc. I went into settings to boost the microphone quality to max, and even though I have an extremely nice microphone Shure SM7B it didn't help at all....
  4. Mic quality poor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic quality poor: I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set...
  5. Poor quality of internal microphone RealtekR Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor quality of internal microphone RealtekR Audio: In using Skype and Zoom, it is complained that quality is poor with low level sound and static noise in the background . If I use my Microsoft Life Chat LX3000 there is no complaint. I have checked both microphones on Sound settings and on the internal, it barely shows...
  6. Players have poor microphone quality with Nvidia GeForce recording?

Players have poor microphone quality with Nvidia GeForce recording?: Hello, i used to have the problem that my microphone sounds very badly "electric" during a shadowplay recording. I was able to fix this problem. But now my teammates always sound the same. When I talk to them, everything is normal, but in the recording they always sound...
  7. poor quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    poor quality: the other day I recorded videos and the quality was great. then I went to yesterday and suddenly the quality is terrible on my laptop but when I export the video it is good quality. I am having this issue both in the camera app and also the zoom app. when I called dell the...
  8. Poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor sound quality: I use Win 10's gaming option to just record videos only which works well however the sound is terrible crackling and distorted. I've the latest download for Conexant sound but there's still no improvement so any ideas how to solve this would be much appreciated. Thanks....
  9. USB Microphones Low Volume/Poor Quality

USB Microphones Low Volume/Poor Quality: I have Samson, Snowball, and other USB microphones. They all sound GREAT on my older Win 7 Computer. On my high-end Win 10 computer, the volume is extremely low. I tried Equalizer APO with Peace equalizer, and they improved the volume, but the sound quality is not as good...
  10. Bluetooth quality poor

Bluetooth quality poor: Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device manager but tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a way I can update this? TIA 72578