Windows 10: Poor performance of VR apps/games after update Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Poor performance of VR apps/games after update Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've updated from 1809 to 20H2 and I noticed very poor performance of VR SteamVR and Oculus apps/games - FPS drop to 10 or lower. Hardware: ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eusebiu, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Eusebiu Win User

Poor performance of VR apps/games after update Windows 10 20H2

Hi,

I've updated from 1809 to 20H2 and I noticed very poor performance of VR SteamVR and Oculus apps/games - FPS drop to 10 or lower.

Hardware: ASUS ROG G752VS, i7, GTX 1070 latest drivers, 32 GB RAM.

I tried disabling GameDVR, Game mode, VSync off, increased Power to maximum in both GeForce Experience and Windows Settings Power, Max Processor state 100%, reverted the drivers to an older version with same results.

Are there any other settings I can set to improve the performance?

Thanks!

:)

Eusebiu, Jan 8, 2021

2. Poor gaming performance after installing the Creator's update

Hello Jomari Arc,

Thanks for suggestion but I have issue with playing games are not from the windows store. I am facing the poor gaming performance the games like : - GTA V , Tom Clancy's , Watch Dogs 2 etc. Please suggest me any solution.

Thanks

Sanyamkaushik, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Poor gaming performance after installing the Creator's update

Hi Microsoft,

I really like the features and improvements you did in CREATOR'S UPFATE. But when I playing the games the performance is too poor in creator's update. Being a GAMER I am so irritate when I play games. So, Please suggest me the solution of this big issue.

Thanks

Sanyamkaushik, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Poor performance of VR apps/games after update Windows 10 20H2

Windows 10 Game Apps

Hi Muddaththir,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues launching the game. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your Windows 10 PC doesn't meet the game requirements.
    • There are software conflicts that occur when launching the game.
    • Your Windows 10 OS is outdated.
    • There's an issue with the game server.

To determine if the game is compatible with your Windows 10 PC, kindly visit this

link
    and follow the steps on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 device.

We also suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this
    link
    . This tool can help resolve corrupted game data.

Another solution we recommend is to check if there are updates available for your Windows 10 PC. Refer to

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

Software conflicts that occur when launching the game is one possible reason why you're experiencing this issue. To resolve this, kindly visit this

link
    and follow the steps on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

If the same issue occurs, kindly uninstall and reinstall the game. This can help resolve corrupted game installation files. Refer to

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10
    for the steps.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Poor performance of VR apps/games after update Windows 10 20H2

1. Poor performance of VR apps/games after update Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Poor performance apps

2. Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update: Hello guys, after windows 10 update i have some issues and i want to know if someone else experience those issues. So i install the update and my pc was stuttering even in browser and ofc in games. Stutters every like seconds, i scroll down on browser and stutters happen....
  3. Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update: Hello guys, after windows 10 update i have some issues and i want to know if someone else experience those issues. So i install the update and my pc was stuttering even in browser and ofc in games. Stutters every like seconds, i scroll down on browser and stutters happen....
  4. Poor Performance/Stuttering After Last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Poor performance Windows 10

Poor performance Windows 10: Of late my computer Lenovo all-in-one with Windows 10 has started performing very slow. It takes a while for the system to respond to commands clicking on a program to start it, or going to a site .... I have just looked at the task manager and it shows 79 !!! instances of...
  6. Poor game performance after recent updates

Poor game performance after recent updates: My games, specifically Rockstar games, started freezing and stuttering after april's udates. After uninstalling Windows Defender Antivirus update things became better, but still worse than before. Please, help....
  7. Poor performance in games in Windows 10

Poor performance in games in Windows 10: Hello. I have switched to Windows 10 after a complete installation including activation and latest updates (1809 version) but the problem is it is not providing the performance i deserve. I am only getting 60 to 80 fps in Csgo and major fps drops in other games including...
  8. Poor game performance on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor game performance on Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 back when it launched in August 2015, gaming and everything was fine for me, games and apps. I was satisfied with the upgrade. However, sometime around the November or the Anniversary Update, I noticed that games that easily pull off 30 or...
  9. Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10: Hey all, not quite sure where else to post this. Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I've had nothing but problems while gaming. Games that used to run at 100+ FPS now run at 20-30. I experience constant stuttering and frame drops on even the lowest graphic settings....
  10. Poor performance after performing refresh

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Poor performance after performing refresh: I've been using Windows 10 for a few months now without any problems. A couple of days ago, my computer stopped booting, up, instead getting stuck in a loop between failed startup repair attempts and resetting. After finding no way to resolve the issue, I performed a refresh...