Windows 10: Poor print quality labels

Discus and support Poor print quality labels in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting poor print quality when I attempt to use my H-P Color Laserjet Pro M452DN printer. I am attempting to print from a pdf file that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnbroBR, Nov 12, 2020.

1. AnbroBR Win User

Poor print quality labels

Hello,

I am getting poor print quality when I attempt to use my H-P Color Laserjet Pro M452DN printer. I am attempting to print from a pdf file that I have saved to my computer. The pdf file originated at Avery, where I made a template, which I saved to the computer. I have tried Adobe, Google and Edge in opening the file.

It used to be that when I would go to print up the labels, I would get a box, one of the selections being "paper type" and there I could select LABELS. I no longer see this and do not know how to tell the printer that I am printing up labels.

When I print up the labels on plain paper, they come out beautifully but when I try to print up a sheet of labels, they come out

looking "smudged for lack of a better word.

I am using Windows 10 Profesional. Thank you for any help!

Brad Anbro

:)

AnbroBR, Nov 12, 2020

2. label printing

Hi Snoopygreen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in printing the address labels. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the make and model number of the Printer?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you made any changes to settings prior to this issue?
    4. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

You may try the below suggested steps.

1. Go to devices in Settings
      > Double click on the printer > Click on
      Printer Properties > Go to Advanced tab.
    2. You will see “Printing Defaults”. Click on it and set the option from the drop down menu and click on
      OK and check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the article Fix Printer problems
    and try to implement the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 12, 2020
  3. printing labels on template

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions.

1) Since when have you been experiencing the issue? Does the issue only occur when printing labels?

2) Did you made any changes to the PC?

3) Provide us the make and model number of the printer and your PC.

4) Does the label alignment appear correctly in print preview?

Meanwhile, I would request you to try the steps given in this link:

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 12, 2020
  4. giliadw Win User

E51: Voice call quality is poor

I find it hard to believe you are still at 100.34.20.

This is the initial level of firmware issued with the E51 back on Sep. 29th 2007.

You must upgrade your firmware first.

What is your device's Product Code? (It is printed on the label beneath the battery)

giliadw, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Poor print quality labels - Similar Threads - Poor print quality

2. Mic quality poor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic quality poor: I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set...
  3. Printing Labels

Printing Labels: I have a partial sheet of labels or a full sheet, it doesn't matter. I don't want to print a full sheet nor do I want to print just one label, I want to print more than one and less than a full sheet. Can I print let's say 3 labels all the same and designate where the labels...
  4. Poor microphone quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor microphone quality: My laptop automatically performed a system update on June 4, 2020. Ever since, my microphone quality, as reported by others, is very poor. This issue occurs for both the integrated microphone in my laptop as well as for the microphone in an external headset. I am using...
  5. Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality

Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality: I have had poor bluetooth audio quality ever since I did some updates through the HP Support Assistant. Some of those updates mentioned bluetooth drivers and I don't know if I messed something up by installing them. I've tried troubleshooting, but it comes back with...
  6. poor quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    poor quality: the other day I recorded videos and the quality was great. then I went to yesterday and suddenly the quality is terrible on my laptop but when I export the video it is good quality. I am having this issue both in the camera app and also the zoom app. when I called dell the...
  7. Poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor sound quality: I use Win 10's gaming option to just record videos only which works well however the sound is terrible crackling and distorted. I've the latest download for Conexant sound but there's still no improvement so any ideas how to solve this would be much appreciated. Thanks....
  8. printing labels

printing labels: I can print the Avery labels on test sheet and they align okay, however when I print on the label sheet they mis-align almost an inch on the vertical https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-labels/08165bcc-e455-4c82-861e-b99626e22bde
  9. printing labels

printing labels: having trouble printing 5160 labels from an existing excel list onto word, and trying to tighten up the leading so that the names & addresses fit onto the label and NOT print onto the space of the label selected ?...
  10. Bluetooth quality poor

Bluetooth quality poor: Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device manager but tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a way I can update this? TIA 72578