Windows 10: Poor readability of text, poor display after Windows 10 (automatic) update

Discus and support Poor readability of text, poor display after Windows 10 (automatic) update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I return to the previous display settings, or improve the display, after the Windows update? I have already tried changing resolution,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KrautMama, Aug 8, 2019.

1. KrautMama Win User

Poor readability of text, poor display after Windows 10 (automatic) update

How can I return to the previous display settings, or improve the display, after the Windows update? I have already tried changing resolution, brightness.

The poor display seems to affect on the the Windows programs, internet browser looks ok. Text in Office and in OS / Windows Desktop /Explorer appears faint, also, the frames around windows and buttons are missing, making it difficult to apprehend the display.

:)

KrautMama, Aug 8, 2019

2. Poor Sunlight Readability feature in Windows 10 Mobile !!!

Sunlight readability feature is too poor in Windows Mobile 10 than Windows Mobile 8.1 in case of same device settings. Please make text/font more brighter in sunlight readability option.

abu saeed rony, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Poor quality text when using HDR

Hi Don,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

1. What is the make and model of the TV and the computer?
    2. Are you facing the same issue even on computer or is it only with the TV monitor?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to turn off ClearType for the HDMI output connected to TV keeping your regular computer display. To do so,

1. Click on Start, type in ClearType and click on
      Adjust ClearType text option.
    2. The ClearType Text Tuner app will be opened on the screen.
    3. Uncheck > Turn on ClearType and click on
      Next.
    4. You’ll be able to see the options such as Yes, I want to tune all monitors now and
      No, only tune the monitors that I select.
    5. Select No, only tune the monitors that I select and click on the preferred monitor (TV) and follow the onscreen prompts.
    6. On the next page, select a text sample that looks most readable to you and click on the Next button.
    7. Repeat the same step on subsequent pages. You will see 5 screens with text samples in a row.
    8. Click on the Finish button to accept the changes you made.

Meanwhile, regarding the issue with the distorted colors and text quality I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to change the display settings to match the resolution of the display:

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard, click on
      System.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. You will see an option to Select and rearrange displays, click on the display associated with the TV.
    4. Scroll down to select the ‘Recommended’ option under
      Scale and layout to Change the size of text, apps, and other items, and
      Resolution.

For more information I would also suggest you to refer the article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 8, 2019
  4. dudley Win User

Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK).

I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set properly.

This is not just limited to Win 10, the same happens when I connect from Win 7 machine.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

dudley, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Poor readability of text, poor display after Windows 10 (automatic) update - Similar Threads - Poor readability text

2. Poor Text Rendering on System Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Text Rendering on System Pages: I just switched from a 2160p monitor to a 1440p. I know text won't look as good, but its acceptable everywhere except on any systems page - all the settings pages, right click context menu pages, etc. See below. Above the red line is what it looks like - some letters are...
  3. Poor Text Rendering on System Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Text Rendering on System Pages: I just switched from a 2160p monitor to a 1440p. I know text won't look as good, but its acceptable everywhere except on any systems page - all the settings pages, right click context menu pages, etc. See below. Above the red line is what it looks like - some letters are...
  4. Windows 11 display with poor quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 display with poor quality: Hi experts, After updating from Windows 10 to Windows 11 then I've missed display quality, snd it is occurring only for Windows 11. Perhaps it is missing some configuration, please have a look at my computer specs: Display settings:Display with poor quality:Thanks in...
  5. Windows 11 display with poor quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 display with poor quality: Hi experts, After updating from Windows 10 to Windows 11 then I've missed display quality, snd it is occurring only for Windows 11. Perhaps it is missing some configuration, please have a look at my computer specs: Display settings:Display with poor quality:Thanks in...
  6. Poor battery life after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor battery life after Windows update: So I recently bought a new laptop, an ASUS zephyrus G15. The battery life was great, around 7 hours (without gaming). This changed suddenly after a Windows update. Now I barely have 2 hours of charge with all battery saving options enabled. Does anyone have an idea how I can...
  7. Poor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Poor display: hey, my windows display is so poor, background looks so blurred. Also, my computer uses a touch screen and some times it keeps on operating itself until its rebooted. kindly help...
  8. Poor Color display of pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Poor Color display of pictures: I have Windows 10, and in my administrator account on my computer the colors are not showing correctly; the Red in particular looks pink. In other local accounts on the computer like my daughters the colors are good. I tried disabling the color calibration and that did not...
  9. wifi connectivity poor after update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connectivity poor after update.: we have multiple laptops and the ones running WIN 10 keep shuting the wifi adapter off'. The fix for this was to uncheck the connect automatically box for the adapter in the notification pane. I was able to use ethernet and after getting closer to the router, I had decent...
  10. Poor text resolution after downgrade to integrated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Poor text resolution after downgrade to integrated GPU: One afternoon my PC Seemed to be running but the monitor was black (Power light for monitor was on).*Eek Figuring (rather hoping) my installed GPU had failed... I removed it. Then swapped out my DVI cord for the older VGA. Luckily my monitor can use one or the other....