Windows 10: Poor Start up response

Discus and support Poor Start up response in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When booting my PC (running Windows 10 Home Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1158) it seems to use 50% of the disk for up to ten minutes, and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dave12cd, May 3, 2020.

1. dave12cd Win User

Poor Start up response

When booting my PC (running Windows 10 Home Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1158) it seems to use 50% of the disk for up to ten minutes, and everything runs very slow. I ran HD Sentinel and got the following response -

Poor Start up response [​IMG]

Is this as critical as it suggests, and do I only have 228 days left with my PC?

Thanks,

David

:)

dave12cd, May 3, 2020
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Start Menu/Task bar not responding / very poor response.

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why Start Menu/Cortana would fail to respond quickly. Corrupted system files, incorrect registry keys, recent changes on the computer settings, or newly installed 3rd party programs are only a few of these possible reasons.
    Doing the following steps you have listed on your post was a smart move you have taken, as they are also part of troubleshooting and diagnostics we have on our support articles. Moving forward, we need to ask you the following questions so we can help you
    further with your concern:

• Have you recently installed any software or program before this issue started to occur?
    • Have you done any recent update on your computer version?
    • Do you remember changing or personalizing any settings on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to boot the computer in safe mode to isolate if there are any programs causing the delay in Start Menu's response time?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, May 3, 2020
  3. No response from Cortana

Hello Edward,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any third-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps in this article
    to troubleshoot issues with Cortana.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 3, 2020
  4. Poor Start up response

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Poor Start up response

1. Poor Start up response - Similar Threads - Poor Start response

2. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  3. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  4. Start Menu Buttons not responsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Buttons not responsive: Hi Community,I had this issue before and now it comes back again. So here's the issue:This issue only occurs when my PC wakes up I normally put it to sleep instead of turning off. The buttons on the menu bar that related to Win10 system becomes not responsive. For example, I...
  5. Can't get past start up screen / Not responsive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past start up screen / Not responsive: I messed up my PC after following a tutorial and deleted a file that basically stopped my PC from rebooting/restarting successfully programs > run administrator > type : sc delete ___ etc Youtube Tutorial. After attempting SupportAssist OS Recovery, my PC finally opened to...
  6. Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up: In relation to another post, I had a similar problem. I then cleaned up my desktop and removed several icons linking to programs that I no longer need on my desktop now that the start menu provides that function. Voila! The freezes with blank icons stopped happening. I...
  7. poor response from assure support plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    poor response from assure support plan: do you think by now we care if someone has our email? we the customers that trusted in you to come through with the assure support for $161+ are still receiving the run around. I actually had a tech tell me to get out of it there is no support only community forums and...
  8. After yesterdays update, no start key response

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After yesterdays update, no start key response: After yesterdays update and a restart, everything appeared normal. This morning's start up renders the start "ORB" and the windows key non responsive. I do not get the apps menu at all either clicking on the win key or manually hitting the win key on the keyboard. Right click...
  9. Mouse Response Poor and inconsistent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Response Poor and inconsistent: I have a Logitech Performance Mouse MX which i know works fine. Last week, my Windows 10 copy just would not load. i'd been having problems on and off since AU. I finally could not get into Windows 10 no matter what I tried, so I decided to just go ahead and upgrade my hard...
  10. Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes: Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize the menu by rearranging tiles and unpinning unwanted tiles, I realized that when I right click and unpin a tile, the tile...