Windows 10: Pop out video for Firefox or Chrome

Discus and support Pop out video for Firefox or Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Opera has really nice inbuilt pop out video feature. You can pop videos out on any website, you can resize them and they stay on top, so u can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ditendra, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Ditendra Win User

Pop out video for Firefox or Chrome

Hi,
    Opera has really nice inbuilt pop out video feature. You can pop videos out on any website, you can resize them and they stay on top, so u can continue browsing or any other things & continue watching the video. I find it very useful, but I wanted to find similar addon/extension for Firefox or Chrome, but I couldn't find any. I found few, but they don't work. Maybe some of you know?

:)

Ditendra, Jun 26, 2017

2. Video Playback within Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer

This is outrageous. Many videos on the internet don't play in the new Edge or IE browsers in Windows 10. This is not something I should have to run some utility to fix, when Chrome and Firefox have this figured out... heck IE had it figured out before Windows

For a browser that is advertised as making the web "just work", it just doesn't.

Google Chrome, and Firefox have no problems with the same websites.

Here is a common example, try playing the repair video here:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge-evaporator-fan-motor-wr60x10185-ap3875639.html

It starts loading then goes black... works fine in Chrome.

This is not some isolated incident, it occurs with all kinds of video content.

Robert Kelleher, Jun 26, 2017
  3. Edge and Chrome start normally; Firefox requires "Run as Admin"

Victor_W, I updated to 56.0.2, so now that problem is solved. Unfortunately, another one popped up: when I hit the post's "Reply" button, the post grays out, so I can't enter anything (at least in Firefox; in Chrome, I have no trouble adding this reply).
    Is there some Firefox setting that I need to tinker with to fix this?

RogerBlair1, Jun 26, 2017
Thema:

Pop out video for Firefox or Chrome

1. Pop out video for Firefox or Chrome - Similar Threads - Pop video Firefox

2. Firefox and pictures/videos

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and pictures/videos: For a while I'm having problems with displaying of pictures and some videos. For pictures at some sites (a lot of them) instead of a picture I see only it's placeholder, sometimes just a grey background or nothing. Video problems manifest mostly as black screen with circle as...
  3. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  4. Video tearing in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Video tearing in Firefox: I'm on Firefox 68.0.1 64bit and recently I've started getting video tearing on all video in the browser. I've tried enabling and disabling hardware acceleration in the settings, as well as "use recommended performance settings", I've tried setting v-sync in my Nvidia driver...
  5. Chrome notification pop out panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome notification pop out panel: Windows10 just did a big update. In Chrome, On the taskbar there is and was a box. When you click it, a screen message pops out. Since the update, when you click on it, I get all sorts of notifications(ads). Is there someplace to filter out what you don't want there?...
  6. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  7. Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge: This may not be a Windows 10 problem. I thought some of you might be able to help me get this problem solved. A few Youtube videos, some videos on contest sites I visit, and one on Woodsmith Shops. Most comments that I have gotten asking on another computer help site,...
  8. Pop up blocker for Chrome - Poper Blocker Re: Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Pop up blocker for Chrome - Poper Blocker Re: Firefox: I use this one (Pop up blocker for Chrome™ - Poper Blocker) for Chrome with moderately good results. Kindly suggest recommendations for Firefox. [img] 115255
  9. Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox: Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's going on? Thanks guys!...
  10. Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod viewing video on firefox/chrome: A couple of times i have had a bsod while watching streamed video on firefox/chrome. I'm using a lenovo Ideacentre Q190 8gb ram Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.8 GHz 64bit windows 10 home 59558