Windows 10: pop sound in the headphones when I pause a video

Discus and support pop sound in the headphones when I pause a video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I hear a pop sound in the right headphone when pausing a video. This issue is occurring in the following way: I pause a video, a minute later I hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maria Hull, Dec 26, 2018.

1. pop sound in the headphones when I pause a video

I hear a pop sound in the right headphone when pausing a video. This issue is occurring in the following way: I pause a video, a minute later I hear this annoying sound, I start the video again, and hear this sound again. I tried to update the drivers from Realtek and it partly resolved the problem

:)

Maria Hull, Dec 26, 2018
  2. JanKondé Win User

No sound after i pause video (while using headphones)

Hi there.

Ive been fighting this gremlin for days now with no progress.

Problem is simple:

I pause video (with my headphones pluged in) (youtube, twitch, etc.), when you want to resume the video, there is no sound. Only way to fix it is to unplug headphones, wait for some time (more than a few seconds) and then plug them back. Sometimes it goes
    so far, that this wont help and you need to restart the video and then the sound works again.

Ive tried drivers, troubleshoot, went through forums to find working solution...so far nothing.

EDIT1:

Now Ive noticed, that sometimes even the video itself wont start after pause (but sometimes it does start without sound)

EDIT2:

And when restarting video, it has to be with my headphones unplugged (beacause sometimes if it is plugged it video starts again with no sound)

Any help? It would be very much appreciated.

JanKondé, Dec 26, 2018
  3. No sound after i pause video (while using headphones)

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing. I will certainly help you.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Update the Audio inputs and outputs in Device manager by following the steps below:

• Connect the earphones/headphone to the PC.
    • Press Windows logo + X keys
      on the keyboard select Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the earphone/headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • If yes, right-click on the driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.
    • If not visible, download and install the latest and most compatible device drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 26, 2018
  4. poganyg Win User

pop sound in the headphones when I pause a video

Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

pop sound in the headphones when I pause a video

1. pop sound in the headphones when I pause a video - Similar Threads - pop sound headphones

2. Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.: I watch YouTube videos with my headphones in my laptop. If I pause the video for longer than 10 seconds and then play the video, there is an uncomfortably loud spike in volume for a split second in my headphones before the video returns to its original volume. What can I do?...
  3. Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.: I watch YouTube videos with my headphones in my laptop. If I pause the video for longer than 10 seconds and then play the video, there is an uncomfortably loud spike in volume for a split second in my headphones before the video returns to its original volume. What can I do?...
  4. Sudden spike in volume in headphones when I play a paused video.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Popping sound in headphones only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping sound in headphones only: Hello, I'm using an Asus S14 Vivobook, A411UN laptop, running Windows 11 64x-bit operating system. I ran into an audio problem with headphones that I'm absolutely stumped on solving.Headphone Audio attempted fixes1. installed old driver realtek 6.0.9285 didnt work audio...
  6. Popping sound in headphones only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popping sound in headphones only: Hello, I'm using an Asus S14 Vivobook, A411UN laptop, running Windows 11 64x-bit operating system. I ran into an audio problem with headphones that I'm absolutely stumped on solving.Headphone Audio attempted fixes1. installed old driver realtek 6.0.9285 didnt work audio...
  7. when I pause a video, the audio automatically is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I pause a video, the audio automatically is missing: There was never this problem before this, and this has only occurred very recently. The thing is, when I play the video the first time, the audio is fine. But the minute I pause it and play is again, the audio will be missing. And the only way for me to get back the audio...
  8. New Dell G5 5500 laptop - Pop from speakers when pausing video

New Dell G5 5500 laptop - Pop from speakers when pausing video: Windows 10 64bit Home 1909 I've searched on here and Google but can't find the answer. My new Dell G5 5500 has a pop when sound is suddenly halted, such as pausing a video on Youtube, or after moving the cursor to fast forward the video, after the cursor is released there...
  9. Headphones popping sound when opening windows settings

Headphones popping sound when opening windows settings: Hi, so when I open Windows Settings, click on Network Icon on the taskbar, click on the volume button on the taskbar, while music is playing, theres random popping sounds for like 2 seconds, and it slowly fades away, its not by chance, the popping occurs every single time I...
  10. When pausing a youtube video sound increases on play

in Browsers and Email
    When pausing a youtube video sound increases on play: There are also volume sliders for each browser - take a look to see if those change when you pause (right-click the Windows volume tray icon->Open Volume Mixer). [img]

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop earbuds pop when audio is paused

2. random sound when unpase yt video headphones

3. pop on music pause headphones

4. popping sound when pausing video,
  5. headset pop noise when pausing,
  6. pop sound headset