Windows 10: Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC.

Discus and support Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; This is ridiculous. Every inch of my screen is a potential dollar Microsoft can grab at a customer's expense. Why am I receiving ads for 'Player For... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HoldenKenne, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC.

This is ridiculous. Every inch of my screen is a potential dollar Microsoft can grab at a customer's expense. Why am I receiving ads for 'Player For Media,' an app I've never downloaded, on my PC while playing a game? Unacceptable, I have paid for this service and I refuse to be a product for Microsoft.

:)

HoldenKenne, Mar 15, 2019

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Mar 15, 2019
  3. bobcb Win User
    Pop Up Advertisements

It seems that when I am using Chrome as my Internet Browser and also using Windows 10, Every time I go to something online that I like to read a pop up advertisement comes up and I have to click the x to get rid of it.
    I have clicked the item to block pop ups but that doesn't seem to help. Is there any answer for this?

bobcb, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC.

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC.

1. Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC. - Similar Threads - Pop advertisements apps

2. Have this as a Pop Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have this as a Pop Up: I can't seem to make it turn off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-this-as-a-pop-up/9fac859c-a033-4515-83e9-e721ae8c630b
  3. How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store: How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-unwanted-pop-ups-from-pc-app-store/76980791-90e9-4fda-9efc-071986ef1723
  4. how do I stop the pop up advertisements I paid for. Or please put my $9.99 back in my bank...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I stop the pop up advertisements I paid for. Or please put my $9.99 back in my bank...: l'm not getting the product that I paid for. To stop the pop up advertisements on my laptop. Or how do I get a refund? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-pop-up-advertisements-i-paid-for/9781d776-7668-46fd-bd68-aa5e9230d561
  5. how do I stop the pop up advertisements I paid for. Or please put my $9.99 back in my bank...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I stop the pop up advertisements I paid for. Or please put my $9.99 back in my bank...: l'm not getting the product that I paid for. To stop the pop up advertisements on my laptop. Or how do I get a refund? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-pop-up-advertisements-i-paid-for/9781d776-7668-46fd-bd68-aa5e9230d561
  6. how do I stop the pop up advertisements I paid for. Or please put my $9.99 back in my bank...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. pop ups advertising

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pop ups advertising: How can i eliminate these pop ups??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-advertising/570ec0e0-c8bc-4dab-a691-b2e6c783035a
  8. How can I stop pop up onscreen advertising

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I stop pop up onscreen advertising: I keep getting these pop up advertising windows on my bottom right corner from "Move notification to action center" and I do not know how and or why! I just want to make it stop but I have no idea how it started or how to stop it! Can I get some help or am I in the wrong...
  9. My pc is having weird pop ups. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc is having weird pop ups. Please help.: So I was doing my school work online and I need to make sure I was right on this final question, so I looked it up to see if I was right, and I came to a website (looked legit) and it asked me to enable notifications. So I did... second I did I got no answer and weird pop...
  10. Pop Up Advertisements

in Browsers and Email
    Pop Up Advertisements: It seems that when I am using Chrome as my Internet Browser and also using Windows 10, Every time I go to something online that I like to read a pop up advertisement comes up and I have to click the x to get rid of it. I have clicked the item to block pop ups but that...