Windows 10: Pop Up Advertisements

Discus and support Pop Up Advertisements in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It seems that when I am using Chrome as my Internet Browser and also using Windows 10, Every time I go to something online that I like to read a pop up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bobcb, Mar 25, 2017.

1. bobcb Win User

Pop Up Advertisements

It seems that when I am using Chrome as my Internet Browser and also using Windows 10, Every time I go to something online that I like to read a pop up advertisement comes up and I have to click the x to get rid of it.
    I have clicked the item to block pop ups but that doesn't seem to help. Is there any answer for this?

:)

bobcb, Mar 25, 2017

2. Microsoft Lumia 950 Pop Up Advertisements

How can I stop getting those pop up advertisements on my phone.

jsmith5915, Mar 25, 2017
  3. How to remove advertisements that pop-up while playing online games

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if pop up blocker is not enabled in the browser.

I suggest to enable Pop-up Blocker in the Internet Explorer by referring to the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Change security and privacy settings for Internet Explorer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-security-privacy-settings#ie=ie-11

I also try to enable Pop-up Blocker for Microsoft Edge, follow the steps below.

1: Open Edge browser.

2: Click on the ‘…’ present at the top right corner of the page.

3: Click on Settings.

4: Click on View Advanced settings.

5: Drag the slider to Pop-up Blocker on.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 25, 2017
  4. Pop Up Advertisements

First make sure it's not malware on your computer. I'd run a full scan with whatever AV you use. I use Defender, so I would do a full scan, and I also use SuperAntiSpyware to check/remove any other kind of issues. If you're still having issues check this article out to see if it helps you: Block or allow pop-ups in Chrome - Computer - Chrome Help

Bobby Phoenix, Mar 25, 2017
Thema:

Pop Up Advertisements

1. Pop Up Advertisements - Similar Threads - Pop Advertisements

2. Getting Pop-up Want to sign up for Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Getting Pop-up Want to sign up for Windows Hello: I only know the pin to my computer and whenever I select “enter a pin” it says “want to sign up for windows hello?” And it requires the password, which I do not know. ***Modified title from: Getting rid of “want so sign up for windows hello”***...
  3. How can I get rid of pop up window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get rid of pop up window?: Every time I start my laptop, I get this window pop up. I can't remember when I wanted to install any of such software. How can I get rid of this message? [ATTACH]...
  4. Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63?

Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63?: Yesterday, I uninstalled Opera 64 beta and did a clean install of public version 63, then copying in the previous profile folder, which among other things set Opera again as the default browser. Since then, every (first) time I open another program, from MS Office programs, a...
  5. To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window: I have a scenario where I need to disable "An app default was set to reset" window which is happening from .png,.jpeg,jpg and from IE browser. How can we suppress this window to all the users in powershell using modifying HKCU registry? 140158
  6. windows download came with unwanted pop up program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows download came with unwanted pop up program: I downloaded a recent Microsoft update on Windows 10. Along with it came this annoying popup program called Pushqwer that I can't get off of my computer. Most of the popups are telling me I need to do something to my computer or that I may have a virus, run a scan. One had a...
  7. To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window

in Windows 10 Support
    To disable "An app default was reset" pop up window: I have a scenario where I need to disable "An app default was set to reset" window which is happening from .png,.jpeg,jpg and from IE browser. How can we suppress this window to all the users ? 140158
  8. Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager: Hi, this problem has been going on for a while now. Theres a suspicious application that constantly keeps opening up by itself called Blanking. This suspicious application starts playing audio advertisements and multiplies on my laptop. Any way I can stop it from happening...
  9. An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen...

An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen...: When I turn on my computer, I get an annoying photo not of my choice come onto the screen before I sign in. How do I get rid of it and replace it with a photo of my choosing from my pictures folder?...
  10. Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pop-up advertisements for apps I do NOT have on my PC.: This is ridiculous. Every inch of my screen is a potential dollar Microsoft can grab at a customer's expense. Why am I receiving ads for 'Player For Media,' an app I've never downloaded, on my PC while playing a game? Unacceptable, I have paid for this service and I refuse to...