Windows 10: Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.

Discus and support Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem that I need a definitive answer to so I can stop it straight away.The problem I have hasn’t raised its ugly head for ages, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Heathside boy, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.

I have a problem that I need a definitive answer to so I can stop it straight away.The problem I have hasn’t raised its ugly head for ages, so I thought I had it under control. I wonder whether I accidentally set it somewhere to cause it to return.I am starting to get advertising pop-ups on the bottom right-hand side of my computer screen. Is there a setting anywhere that I may have inadvertently changed to allow these pop-ups to come up again? If this is the case, can anybody tell me where this setting may be so I can change it back to stop the pop-ups coming up altogether?Thank youHB

:)

Heathside boy, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Malcolm6 Win User

Pop Up Adverts

How to stop pop up adverts bottom right hand corner of the windows screen. I Keep getting a pop up advert from Nero Burning software that cannot be closed as it generates a script error. Makes me feel like the computer and operating system I bought really
    belongs to someone else as I am not allowed to control it

Malcolm6, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    pop ups and adverts on windows 10

Depends which Internet Browser is affected, but for a start type 'pop-ups' in the Search box on the Windows Desktop Task Bar, and you should see the Control Panel icon for 'Block or allow Pop-ups' appear in the list. Click on that to launch the Settings
    screen and make sure the 'Turn on Pop-up Blocker' entry is ticked.

If that doesn't improve things sufficiently you may need to consider installing an extension for your Browser to block pop-up adverts, although you do have to be aware that some of these can also block 'legitimate' pop-ups that you really need to see, such
    as those used by some online banking and shopping sites, unless you are able to 'white list' those sites you want to be able to display pop-ups.

Erdeslawe, Aug 11, 2022
  4. colinus Win User

Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.

pop ups and adverts on windows 10

thank you for your help

colinus, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.

1. Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again. - Similar Threads - Pop adverts suddenly

2. Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.: I have a problem that I need a definitive answer to so I can stop it straight away.The problem I have hasn’t raised its ugly head for ages, so I thought I had it under control. I wonder whether I accidentally set it somewhere to cause it to return.I am starting to get...
  3. Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up adverts have suddenly started to come up on my computer screen again.: I have a problem that I need a definitive answer to so I can stop it straight away.The problem I have hasn’t raised its ugly head for ages, so I thought I had it under control. I wonder whether I accidentally set it somewhere to cause it to return.I am starting to get...
  4. Pop ups when starting up my computer

Pop ups when starting up my computer: Whenever I start up my computer there is a small box that appears and then disappears and I don’t know how to get rid of it. Is this a virus or some type of malware? And if it is how do I get rid of it....
  5. Pop-ups at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-ups at start up: I have 2 irritating pop-ups when I start Windows 10 Pro, Ver 20H, OS 19042.985, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0. 1. Windows incorrect function 2. Google Script error See attached screen shots for each. I have Bitdefender Internet Security and have also run...
  6. Pop Up Adverts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop Up Adverts: How to stop pop up adverts bottom right hand corner of the windows screen. I Keep getting a pop up advert from Nero Burning software that cannot be closed as it generates a script error. Makes me feel like the computer and operating system I bought really belongs to someone...
  7. Pop-ups at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop-ups at start up: At start up I keep getting pop-ups asking me to share additional information with HP. It is incredibly irritating. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-at-start-up/9152e1ee-8572-4436-9166-84c4b5180542
  8. Pop up spam adverts - Windows 10

Pop up spam adverts - Windows 10: Hi. I have been getting these really annoying pop up ads recently (see image, bottom left). They do not go away unless I click close, and they keep popping up all the time, often with a fake story about Gary Lineker as well, who I think all in all is a good bloke! Jokes...
  9. Adverts popping up inside Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Adverts popping up inside Chrome: Hello, Please see attached screenshot. I get these popups inside Chrome maybe once an hour for QNAP or other things. I have checked all settings inside Chrome, run anti malware, totally reinstalled Chrome, but still get them. How has this started happening and how do I...
  10. Adverts popping up inside Chrome

in Windows 10 Support
    Adverts popping up inside Chrome: Hello, Please see attached screenshot. I get these popups inside Chrome maybe once an hour for QNAP or other things. I have checked all settings inside Chrome, run anti malware, totally reinstalled Chrome, but still get them. How has this started happening and how do I...