Windows 10: Pop-up appears after booting - "Restart required to update audio drivers"

Discus and support Pop-up appears after booting - "Restart required to update audio drivers" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Look closely at the top left corner of the pop-up. It will say "Audio Drivers" You will have 2 options - OK and Cancel. CANCEL. Check your audio... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nyghtfalcon, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Pop-up appears after booting - "Restart required to update audio drivers"

1. Look closely at the top left corner of the pop-up. It will say "Audio Drivers"
    2. You will have 2 options - OK and Cancel. CANCEL.
    3. Check your audio drivers via Device Manager. You will find that the drivers are up to date.
    4. You will NOT find anything suspicious in the usual places.

Whatever you do DO NOT click on OK. This is an infection. I tried scanning with SuperAntispyWare, Malewarebytes, Spybot S%D, Trend Micro, Eset… Nothing worked or identified the problem. There are only two ways to fix this:

1. Go to a restore point prior to the infection.
    2. Go here - https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ - download the cleaner and the infection will be removed.

:)

nyghtfalcon, Aug 9, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Pop-up appears after booting - "Restart required to update audio drivers" :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Pop-up appears after booting - "Restart required to update audio drivers"

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Pop-up appears after booting - "Restart required to update audio drivers"

1. Pop-up appears after booting - "Restart required to update audio drivers" - Similar Threads - Pop appears booting

2. Windows Update KB5032288 Restart required after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB5032288 Restart required after restarting: Hi, My window update requires a restart after I've restarted and turned off my computer multiple times. I've never had this error before. Thank you in advance.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer...
  3. Windows Update KB5032288 Restart required after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update KB5032288 Restart required after restarting: Hi, My window update requires a restart after I've restarted and turned off my computer multiple times. I've never had this error before. Thank you in advance.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer...
  4. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop Up After Booting: When I boot my computer, at start up, there is a pop up asking to select an application to run software before I click on any application after signing in. It happens on each boot. It looks like it's trying to run a C++ or VCPP file... How do I stop this application from...
  5. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop Up After Booting: When I boot my computer, at start up, there is a pop up asking to select an application to run software before I click on any application after signing in. It happens on each boot. It looks like it's trying to run a C++ or VCPP file... How do I stop this application from...
  6. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Audio Drivers not working after a boot up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drivers not working after a boot up: I turned on my pc yesterday and when it booted up i noticed that there was no sound, upon further investigation it says that my sound device isn't plugged it. I've already turned it off and checked the connections of all the cables and everything was plugged in properly. When...
  8. audio pop up

audio pop up: How do i Enable the auto popup dialog when i plugg in my headset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-pop-up/81da6159-373a-419f-9666-3313cdd9f2ea
  9. Pop Ups after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pop Ups after update: I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 having issues after a certain number of Windows updates starting end of January.I am not able to access my Microsoft Store.I ran all diagnostic checks.Reset my laptop.Reset Networks and Microsoft Store.All this doesnt change the situation.I also keep...
  10. Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update

Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update: audio keep having popping sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-crackling-and-popping-sound-after-windows/383e8084-6df3-4863-a935-24b824c3acbd