Windows 10: Pop-up appears and disappears during start up process Windows 10

Discus and support Pop-up appears and disappears during start up process Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few weeks, I've noticed a pop-up that appears and suddenly disappears during start up. I'm not sure what it is and have tried to find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RickP75, Sep 27, 2020.

1. RickP75 Win User

Pop-up appears and disappears during start up process Windows 10

For the past few weeks, I've noticed a pop-up that appears and suddenly disappears during start up. I'm not sure what it is and have tried to find out what's causing this to appear. I've ran malware and virus softwares and nothing shows up. I even ran a sfc /scannow with no vulnerabilities. I have also looked at start up applications in my task manager to see if there are any unknown applications and there is not. I have cleared out temp files and removed unused applications but after restarting, the pop-up still appears and quickly disappears. Is there any way for me to identify what this is and why this pop-up is appearing/disappearing? I do understand that this could be related to the boot process that occurs during start up but this is really annoying me. I have a secondary computer and it's also doing the same thing. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide!

:)

RickP75, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Fake Java Update pop-up appearing on Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you download and install any program/application from the internet?
    • When does the pop-up appear on the PC screen?
    • Did you check if the pop-up appears when the PC is booted in Safe mode?

You may be facing the above issue due to the presence of any third party applications conflicting with Windows 10 operating system. When some of the programs are installed on the PC, additional programs that come along will disturb the normal performance
    of the system. I suggest you to perform Safe mode and Clean boot procedures on the PC by following the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot your PC in Safe mode by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reboot the PC to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue persists, perform Clean boot on your PC by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

I suggest you to perform clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
      • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type msconfig.
      • Select the top most search result.
    Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 27, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Pop-up appears and disappears during start up process Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pop appears disappears

2. Window pop-up and disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window pop-up and disappear: Hello, I have been suffering from a pop-up that switch from my game to desktop and its annoying to see it while watching videos too, so basically this pop-up look like a file window, it has no name on the top left part, has a transparent background you can see through it. So...
  3. Window pop-up and disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window pop-up and disappear: Hello, I have been suffering from a pop-up that switch from my game to desktop and its annoying to see it while watching videos too, so basically this pop-up look like a file window, it has no name on the top left part, has a transparent background you can see through it. So...
  4. Pop up during Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up during Sign In: How to get rid of the Pop up on the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-during-sign-in/307a89b3-084a-4cb7-a3bf-d8aaf5b09e1b
  5. Pop-ups at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-ups at start up: I have 2 irritating pop-ups when I start Windows 10 Pro, Ver 20H, OS 19042.985, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0. 1. Windows incorrect function 2. Google Script error See attached screen shots for each. I have Bitdefender Internet Security and have also run...
  6. Windows Event Logs for pop-up windows: Word having rapid pop-up windows appear disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Logs for pop-up windows: Word having rapid pop-up windows appear disappear: Hi folks, I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise fully patched, O365 professional fully patched, Onedrive support. Today... editing a large 180+page document, something is causing a LOT of rapid pop-up/disappearing smaller windows, about a tenth of the screen size. They...
  7. The image that first appears during Start Up in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The image that first appears during Start Up in Windows 10: Windows 10 recently had a major update. Now, when I first start my computer, the image that first appears is out of focus. These images change regularly and I do not know who makes them. Does anyone know how to get them back into focus? I am not referring to the background...
  8. Pop-ups at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop-ups at start up: At start up I keep getting pop-ups asking me to share additional information with HP. It is incredibly irritating. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-at-start-up/9152e1ee-8572-4436-9166-84c4b5180542
  9. pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    pop up at start up: When I first start my computer I get a popup that says the a program is missing. It's on the "C" drive and I can "X" it out and go on. How can I prevent this action from happening everytime I restart my desktop computer?...
  10. Pop UP disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pop UP disappears: How to make the Pop UP appear in Windows 10? [img] 17994