Windows 10: Pop Up asked me to re-enter my Live Mail Password then got an email saying it had been...

Discus and support Pop Up asked me to re-enter my Live Mail Password then got an email saying it had been... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I got repeated Pop-ups saying I needed to confirm my WLM password, which I couldn't remember so did the get a code email from Microsoft.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David6784, Nov 28, 2019.

1. David6784 Win User

Pop Up asked me to re-enter my Live Mail Password then got an email saying it had been...

Hi there,

I got repeated Pop-ups saying I needed to confirm my WLM password, which I couldn't remember so did the get a code email from Microsoft.

This I did and I reset the password.

Then next day got an email from Microsoft saying my Microsoft account password had been altered in Malaysia!

I then did the whole get a code thing again and nothing since, apart from the email saying my password had been changed in the UK (not surprisingly).

I'm now concerned that someone has had access to my OneDrive and emails for a day.

The pop ups were from Microsoft and the change in password emails also, but how could someone in Malaysia have changed it and why. If you've got access to someone's drive and email you don't alert them about it surely?

Confused and worried here!

David

:)

David6784, Nov 28, 2019

2. Live mail asks for login creds then gives following error:Unable to dend/receive mail for XXXX. An incorrect password was entered.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

you are getting the error 0x800CCC92 in Windows Live Mail because the password you had entered is not correct. Or, in other words, the password provided to the email client does not match the account username.

To solve the Windows Live Mail error 0x800CCC92, you have to double check both the password and the user ID (username) you had supplied when the email account was set up. Please understand that in order to access your email account successfully,
    the login information has to be correct.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Start the Windows Live Mail email client.
    • Click "Tools" from the top menu and choose "Accounts".
    • A pop up will be displayed showing you all the email accounts in Windows Live Mail. Select the one that's giving you the error and then click the "Properties" button.
    • Another pop up window shows all the settings associated with this account.
    • Under the "Servers" tab double check the "E-mail username" and "Password". One of them would definitely be incorrect which is resulting in the Windows Live Mail error ID 0x800CCC92.
    • To avoid having to enter the username and password each time, check the box in front of "Remember password".
    • Once you make appropriate changes, click the "Apply" button followed by "OK". Close the other pop-up window.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 28, 2019
  3. bobkat Win User
    win live mail problems in win 10

Suddenly my email has gone haywire.
    My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes.

When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password. Further, I have two addresses. one for me and another for my wife, each has a different email address but both mail lists appear on my PC and also on my wifes PC.

I also get asked for the password for her address. On my PC I no longer get her emails but mine list in both her and my mail boxes. On her PC she gets both her and my emails listing correctly.

I have no idea why this has suddenly happened. I got a new password for mail a few months ago and it worked fine. but now I am getting thiese problems.

In addition it may be part of the same problem, If I try to open the app for BT Desktop Help on my PC it says that I do not have explorer 6 or higher and it will not open. I am using WIn 10 with Edge. I thought that the programme worked with Win 10.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks

bobkat, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Pop Up asked me to re-enter my Live Mail Password then got an email saying it had been...

Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Pop Up asked me to re-enter my Live Mail Password then got an email saying it had been...

1. Pop Up asked me to re-enter my Live Mail Password then got an email saying it had been... - Similar Threads - Pop asked enter

2. how disable enter password pop up ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how disable enter password pop up ?: how disable enter password pop up ?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-disable-enter-password-pop-up/fa74665a-7a2b-4e4d-b932-864cec24630b
  3. how disable enter password pop up ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how disable enter password pop up ?: how disable enter password pop up ?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-disable-enter-password-pop-up/fa74665a-7a2b-4e4d-b932-864cec24630b
  4. how disable enter password pop up ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  6. Microsoft makes me re enter password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft makes me re enter password: My friend is trying to log into her microsoft account on their laptop the password works on their phone but when they go on their laptop they enter the exact same password then brings them to the same screen to enter the password and when they enter any old passwords it says...
  7. Windows 10 email app keep asking me to re-enter my email password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 email app keep asking me to re-enter my email password: I have been having this issue for the past 4 days after my windows 10 last update. Windows email app keep asking to re-enter the password every time the app try to it search for email. I switch to outlook app but the same problem. I don't know what to do it's really...
  8. Password re-entering

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password re-entering: Hii, I'm daily notified for re-entering my password. But I not changed my password. What must to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-re-entering/aa1ebdb5-d170-4d9c-8c4a-fa7e9e25e0be"
  9. Cannot receive emails on my windows live account. Keeps saying enter user id and password.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot receive emails on my windows live account. Keeps saying enter user id and password.: After I uploaded the new version of Windows 10, I cannot send or receive emails on my account. It keeps saying enter user id and password. I know both and it keeps popping up. I use Windows Live 11....
  10. Pop Up Box constantly asking "Enter Network Password" with no Inbox Mail being received

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop Up Box constantly asking "Enter Network Password" with no Inbox Mail being received: I have recently begun having a Pop Up Box constantly asking "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD". I am also not able to receive Inbox mail. This just began yesterday...