Windows 10: Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook

Discus and support Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two days ago I started getting the most annoying pop up asking for username, password and even though all details were included and correct the sod... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by steviebigG, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook

Two days ago I started getting the most annoying pop up asking for username, password and even though all details were included and correct the sod just keeps appearing. This only happens when I open Outlook so I have resorted to another application for my emails. Outlook is not sending or receiving mail and despite running scannow cannot stop or clear the pop ups. it seems as though there is a corrupt file. I did major clear out of mailboxes and file folders but still problem persists

* Original title: Pop Up

:)

steviebigG, Nov 9, 2019

2. Microsoft edge asking me for a username and password.

Hello.

I'm trying to access my uni reading list. Every time I try and view it online, a pop up is asking for my username and password. Ive tried every username and password I nothing. I keep getting unauthorized access.

How do I sort this out please?

Shez Robinson, Nov 9, 2019
  3. JJG10 Win User
    Outlook 2016 Password Pop UP

Under Win 10 1709 when I open Outlook 2016, it checks each of my three email accounts for mail just fine. But, if I leave it running minimized it ask for my passwords for each of my accounts. I click OK and the pop up goes away. Outlook continues to check for new mail even when the pop up is on the screen.

What do I need to do to prevent this pop up from happening? It has been going on for several months spasmodically and I'm getting tired of it.

Thank you.

Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook [​IMG]

JJG10, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook

Why is windows security asking for username and password

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you referring to either the Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Defender? If not, please specify which Windows security utility is asking for your username and password.
    • Does the issue also occur when you try to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?
    • What username and password is being asked (e.g. Microsoft Account, etc.)? If it's other than your Microsoft Account, please specify which account.
    • What happens when you try to enter your username and password?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook

1. Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook - Similar Threads - Pop asking username

2. Password Pop-ups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password Pop-ups: 10.10.2019 Pop up re: Enter Network Password: Password does not seem to work: How to change password: How do I insert New Password: Prior Password is not known: blocked by Asterick: Myles1950:...
  3. Microsoft edge asking me for a username and password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge asking me for a username and password.: Hello. I'm trying to access my uni reading list. Every time I try and view it online, a pop up is asking for my username and password. Ive tried every username and password I nothing. I keep getting unauthorized access. How do I sort this out please?...
  4. Receiving an message asking me for username and password

Receiving an message asking me for username and password: Hello When I type one of my websites into the browser a message pops up, in a box saying your website blah blah server is asking for a user name and password and when other people type in my website details into their browser they receive the same message asking for a...
  5. Windows 10 asking for Other Username and Password

Windows 10 asking for Other Username and Password: Windows 10 Computer did an update then it now asking for "Other User and Password" I don't have another user. So I don't know user name or password Can you help get into computer or reset it?...
  6. microsoft Edge pop up asking for usename and password

microsoft Edge pop up asking for usename and password: Hi every time I go to a particular website which I have an account with and have used for many years I keep getting a pop up stating the server requires my username and password to continue. I was not sure of the authenticity and can still access the website but every time I...
  7. Netflix App keeps asking for username and password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix App keeps asking for username and password...: Hey guys, i have the netflix app and everytime i reboot or start it after a few hours i get prompted to login. it doesnt save my login info. is ccleaner maybe cleaning something it shouldnt. i shouldnt have to login everytime i use this app... thanks ! 115054
  8. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  9. Outlook 2016 Password Pop UP

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Password Pop UP: Under Win 10 1709 when I open Outlook 2016, it checks each of my three email accounts for mail just fine. But, if I leave it running minimized it ask for my passwords for each of my accounts. I click OK and the pop up goes away. Outlook continues to check for new mail even...
  10. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...