Windows 10: pop-up 'C:\System32\cmd.exe", interrupts every opening...

Discus and support pop-up 'C:\System32\cmd.exe", interrupts every opening... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Family; after most recent Windows auto-updates am getting a flash-popup window 'C:\System32\cmd.exe", interrupting anytime I open... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kbtax, May 16, 2019.

1. kbtax Win User

pop-up 'C:\System32\cmd.exe", interrupts every opening...

Hello Microsoft Family; after most recent Windows auto-updates am getting a flash-popup window 'C:\System32\cmd.exe", interrupting anytime I open files, folders, applications, web pages, etc..

Anyone else experiencing the same aggravation? or maybe an idea where to go in Microsoft.com to get help?

:)

kbtax, May 16, 2019
  2. Nikilet Win User

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

On Aug 24 when I booted my laptop I got this pop up (see attached). I just clicked on OK and ignored it.

However since then I've gotten several pop ups re this item and in Googling it, I find it could possibly be some kind of malware. This is what I found:
    "Please note that this infection is an Alternate Data Stream file attached to the legitimate C:\Windows\System32\ folder. Do not delete the C:\Windows\System32\ folder as Windows will not operate correctly without it. "

Do I need to deal with this, and if so, how?
    pop-up 'C:\System32\cmd.exe", interrupts every opening... [​IMG]

Nikilet, May 16, 2019
  3. rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

i m have done that and get a error by looking on the internet i m have fixs it

3 How to rename cmd.exe to command.exe

Step 1: Open the old Control Panel

Step 2: go to System

Step 3: Advanced System Settings

Step 4: On the resulting dialog, Click the 'Environment Variables' button

Step 5: On the next dialog, in the System Variables section, find ComSpec

Step 6: change the C:\Windows\System32\cmd exe to the name you have given your real cmd backup, I used command.exe as example above

Step 7: go to C:\Windows\System32, search for cmd.exe.mui, rename it to command.exe.mui or whatever you have named the real cmd backup

step 8: open regedit go to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command

step 9: open (Default)

Step 10: Change "SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /C "%1"%" to

"SystemRoot%\system32\command.exe /C "%1"%" ( so only rename cmd to command ( becouse you have change the cmd.exe to command

scambaiter wob, May 16, 2019
  4. suat.cini Win User

CMD popping

ipconfig.exe program is trying to run, it seems.

Please have a look at this post <
    LiNK
    >.

Hope it helps.

suat.cini, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. pop-up 'C:\System32\cmd.exe", interrupts every opening... - Similar Threads - pop System32cmd exe

2. Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor: Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason. there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is....
  3. Black screen pops up every 9 minutes then disappears

Black screen pops up every 9 minutes then disappears: a black screen pops up every 9 minutes and is only there for a second don't know what to do its very annoying thx dan. * Original title: help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-pops-up-every-9-minutes-then/66d6e68d-94a2-48d6-978f-26a33a2c07ce
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu pops up incessantly, unpredictably, interrupting anything and...

Windows 10 Start Menu pops up incessantly, unpredictably, interrupting anything and...: this is driving me nuts. I can be in the middle of typing this and it will pop up, surprise!, forcing me to mess around getting it put away again so I can get back to what I was doing or focused on. it can show up again within a minute. it might show up in 30 minutes. it's...
  5. pop ups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pop ups: Howto stop all the pop ups when on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/pop-ups/a38e76cf-9e35-4950-b446-6535a51ea907
  6. Every time I press Win+G this pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I press Win+G this pops up: [img] Every time I press Win+G this pops up 112734
  7. Window pop's up on every restart.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window pop's up on every restart.....: This window trying to install HP Support Assistant pops up every time I restart my laptop, but, only since I have upgraded to Windows 10. I uninstalled and reinstalled the HP Support Assistant and I can pull it up, and it is running right now. I've tried MSCONFIG, and...
  8. Calculator pops up every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator pops up every second: Calculator pops up every second. Can not stop it only by shutting down my pc. How can I resolve this or how do I delete calculator? Thnx! Ron 20168
  9. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...
  10. mystery pop up window on every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    mystery pop up window on every startup: Get this window, wonder if anyone knows what it might be I moved the TMP & TEMP folders t a different HDD, but not sure if this the issue [img] 75050