Windows 10: pop-up informing of security breach.

Discus and support pop-up informing of security breach. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This has now happened 5 times in the last few weeks. I reported the first time it happened without a reply or explanation from Microsoft. A pop-up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by clivewalls, Jun 4, 2019.

1. pop-up informing of security breach.

This has now happened 5 times in the last few weeks. I reported the first time it happened without a reply or explanation from Microsoft.

A pop-up appears with a screeching, high pitched noise. On the pop-up is a warning that all my files will be lost and there is a virus on my computer. Other information includes "one safe pc cleaner", "pc repair tool", "Microsoft Gold certified partner", "Norton secured" and threatening information.

Would you please deal with the matter and let me know what you have done.

:)

clivewalls, Jun 4, 2019

2. security breach

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are getting suspicious pop ups on your daughter system.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Have you made any significant changes on your system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete pop up message that you get on your screen?

As per explanation it seems that your system is infected with virus or there is some third party program installed on you system causing the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the method given below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Microsoft Safety Scanner.
    I would suggest you to perform a full system scan using the Microsoft Safety Scanner to eliminate any issues related to virus/malware.

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

Refer: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 4, 2019
  3. WINDOW SECURITY BREACH

I am getting calls on my home and cell phone about windows security breach and a 6692150195 Is this real?

MichaelHenderson4, Jun 4, 2019
  4. pop-up informing of security breach.

security and pop ups

Hi Robie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

- Do you get any error message, if yes what is the exact error message?

- When you say "blocked my security from McAfee ", what exactly happens?

- When exactly are you get the Pop ups?

Please let us know the update that has been installed before this issue.

To see which Windows updates are installed

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
      Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click View update history.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

pop-up informing of security breach.

1. pop-up informing of security breach. - Similar Threads - pop informing security

2. Phone Link Security breach.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link Security breach.: This is critical.I have turned off the app running in background but it still runs when the screen is closed down.If I disconnect from settings, the Phone Link App on my PC will simply reconnect.This is a massive security breach, as it means a hacker into my PC has automatic...
  3. Pop ups on security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop ups on security: Anyone know what this is and how to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-on-security/4d9a029b-fcb9-4001-811d-0f0d748fe51e
  4. A security pop up?!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A security pop up?!!!!: I dont know what is going on! I was just studying and this popped up! I tried calling the help part of microsoft and the security portion but its after hours! Someone plz help ! How do i get rid of this ?? [IMG]...
  5. Security breach

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security breach: I received a phone call telling me that my computer has been hacked by several people in China and that they are stealing my sensitive information. All that I would need to do to fix it and protect myself, is go to some website so he could access my computer. I hung up on...
  6. Fake Security Breach Phonecalls

Fake Security Breach Phonecalls: I keep getting these phone calls from people with Indian accents claiming to be Micrsoft Security technicians calling to clear up a breach in my computer's security. I just got a call at 4:49 pm 2.4.19 from 1-800-892-5234. They keep calling from different numbers. I know...
  7. security breach in 365 and onedrive?

security breach in 365 and onedrive?: I purchased a subscription to 365 for myself and son so that we could use Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint and Word. He uses uSoft office for his studies at Texas A&M, I used office for my IP development work on the International Space Station. My son called me...
  8. Security Breach

Security Breach: These people have access to my Microsoft. I believe they changed the password. They have my password. I need assistance with changing my password. It will not give me access to change for thirty 30 days. As you can see they will have access to my information if I don't...
  9. Security Breach?

Security Breach?: I got a 'critical network' message and was provided a phone number to call into. Is this legit? I worked with someone for an hour and then things took a weird turn, have i been compromised?? Why can't I get a phone number to speak to someone live??...
  10. security or privacy breach at Microsoft

security or privacy breach at Microsoft: The Wells Fargo account fraud scandal is an ongoing controversy brought about by the creation of millions of fraudulent savings and checking accounts on behalf of Wells Fargo clients without their consent. Various regulatory bodies fined the company a combined $185 million as...