Windows 10: Pop-up opened my Folders, and tried to download something onto there

Discus and support Pop-up opened my Folders, and tried to download something onto there in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Last night I was on a site that I usually use from time to time to read comics, and when I clicked on one to read, it opened a new tab... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NewHere1, Jun 17, 2022.

1. NewHere1 Win User

Pop-up opened my Folders, and tried to download something onto there

Hello everyone, Last night I was on a site that I usually use from time to time to read comics, and when I clicked on one to read, it opened a new tab and was telling me that there was a new Media player update ready. Then my File Explorer app opened to my downloads wanting to save something onto there. I clicked cancel closed the Brave Browser, disconnected from my wifi for a bit, then scanned my PC with Malwarebytes the free edition and Windows Security multiple times, and then I checked my downloads or any other recent file that may have gotten onto my PC. And through all of that, there w

:)

NewHere1, Jun 17, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 17, 2022
  3. Riaan26 Win User
    Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!

Hallo,My downloads folder takes forever to open, sometimes minutes before it has loaded every item.It is a common problem, and I've googled for answers but none of them seem to help. I've tried to right click on properties, and under customize set to general items, didn't work. I clicked on File Explorer and changed "show or hide" File extensions, but didn't work.Any suggestions?! Thanks!!

Riaan26, Jun 17, 2022
  4. Frick Win User

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Pop-up opened my Folders, and tried to download something onto there - Similar Threads - Pop opened Folders

2. Folders are popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are popping up: From last few days I'm facing a strange problem.... Whenever I start my pc within few minutes multiple files openup in notepad along with multiple folders popping up on screen.... Now it's getting frustrating as I have to close every folder one by one everytime...
  3. Folders are popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are popping up: From last few days I'm facing a strange problem.... Whenever I start my pc within few minutes multiple files openup in notepad along with multiple folders popping up on screen.... Now it's getting frustrating as I have to close every folder one by one everytime...
  4. Somethings wrong with my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Somethings wrong with my downloads folder: Hey theres something wrong with my downloads folder. Basically, when I'm trying to move the folder onto another drive, it gives me a message that states, "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under 'C:\ System Volume Information'. Access is denied."...
  5. Somethings wrong with my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somethings wrong with my downloads folder: Hey theres something wrong with my downloads folder. Basically, when I'm trying to move the folder onto another drive, it gives me a message that states, "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under 'C:\ System Volume Information'. Access is denied."...
  6. Somethings wrong with my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something: Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something I just want to open it up regularly[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-download-something-it-tells-me-to-open/7c96d9bb-bdff-4c90-9ac2-9dec89f213a3
  8. "Downloads" folder keeps popping up in the Documents user folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Downloads" folder keeps popping up in the Documents user folder: [ATTACH] Folder named "Downloads" keeps popping up in the Documents user folder. This is different from the Downloads user folder. Its contents are empty. It keeps coming back after deletions. What could be creating this folder? How do I get rid of it? The folder...
  9. pop up or something

pop up or something: C:\ProgramData\SystemConfig000\node.exe I need this removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-or-something/449ac994-7b3e-41d1-bc03-1158c314928b"
  10. trying to download something

trying to download something: you see I'm trying to download a animation program called Macromedia Flash (adobe flash player) but idk which site to download it from I tried to download it on few sites but it seem to say it was not safe to download or not commonly downloaded since its a exe file I'm not...