Windows 10: Pop/up says Windows10 is about to expire--now what

Discus and support Pop/up says Windows10 is about to expire--now what in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Took my PC to a tech. He did some work and reinstalled Windows10. Then I began getting a popup that says it is about to expire. If there is one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrG35, Apr 15, 2020.

1. MrG35 Win User

Pop/up says Windows10 is about to expire--now what

Took my PC to a tech. He did some work and reinstalled Windows10.

Then I began getting a popup that says it is about to expire.

If there is one thing I don-t need more of at this time it-s stress!

Sooooo I was going to do the simple thing ///// go to Microsoft Store and purchase Windows10.

Problem ---- Problem solved ----- Sooooo very simple!

But hell no ..... not when you deal with Microsoft!!!

3 hours and I can-t even find where / how to purchase and get back to work!!!!!

HELP!!!!!

My PC before the work had been converted to Windows10 for free.

:)

MrG35, Apr 15, 2020
  2. FernNZ Win User

Windows 10 expiring activation problem

I have a pop up message appearing on the screen saying the licence will expire 15 August, need to activate Windows in Settings. Contact admin to get product key.
    When I go to Settings it says Windows is activated and Product ID as well as Product Key is listed.
    I have tried all suggestions from the Microsoft forum to no avail.
    I am now wondering if the technician who installed Windows 10Pro, installed the wrong programme.
    I believe that the previous Windows in the laptop was Windows 8.1 home.
    Could this be the problem.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

FernNZ, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Pop up Windows10 License Expires Soon

Hi,

I have been following this topic with keen interest because I am one of the many who have been affected and somehow to me in an awkward way.Early last year I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows10 pro and months later after the upgrade my PC
    ceased and I replaced it with another one which had a preinstalled Windows7.I asked the retailer to install Windows10 of which that was the one I was used to and he obliged.I have managed to reach BUILD 14393.576 so far until I saw a pop up message that says
    License to expire soon.I honestly never saw this License except that the free upgrade had a different term that was used to identify us.For the record my previous PC desktop was a Gigabyte 945gzm-S2 32 bit and my present one is an HP 8000 Elite CMT 64bit.Please
    advice me on how to get out of this quagmire and reactivate my Windows before it expires and I have now learned that the retailer used a volume key product to activate my Windows.Always in appreciation of your help and services to the Community.

Regards..Shelton

SheltonSigauke, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Pop/up says Windows10 is about to expire--now what

Encountered a pop up that says, "Windows license is due to expire" in Windows 10.

Hello Andre,

I had a similar problem to that posed by Bruce (2015) in that I had a Dell laptop given to me by my brother . It was bought in USA and came with Windows 7 but has since been upgraded to Windows8 and then the free Windows10 (although I noticed in the system
    folder it tells me that the edition is Windows 10 Pro - don't know if this makes any difference?) I too got a pop up the other day telling me that the licence is due to expire and had the same experience as Bruce. I have followed your directions and managed
    to download the product key but I then got a message to say that it is incorrect. Any suggestions as to where I go from here?

Regards,

Odette

OdetteWilson, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Pop/up says Windows10 is about to expire--now what

1. Pop/up says Windows10 is about to expire--now what - Similar Threads - Pop says Windows10

2. What is this pop up about?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this pop up about?: Hello, I've been receiving a pop up that indicates: DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL A COMPATIBLE WINDOWS APP RUNTIME NOW? The pop up also indicates the following:MC-WINS-CLIENT.EXE. --This application could not be started.The application requires Windows App Runtime version 1.2MSIX...
  3. What is this pop up about?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this pop up about?: Hello, I've been receiving a pop up that indicates: DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL A COMPATIBLE WINDOWS APP RUNTIME NOW? The pop up also indicates the following:MC-WINS-CLIENT.EXE. --This application could not be started.The application requires Windows App Runtime version 1.2MSIX...
  4. How to rid the blue pop-up windows saying my Windows 11 is about to expire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rid the blue pop-up windows saying my Windows 11 is about to expire: Windows 11 -system says my Windows License will expire soon. I bought the laptop in Sep 2020. The manufacturer Mi says that all troubleshooting due to upgrades is done by Microsoft but the license is valid for a lifetime. So why do I keep getting this blue pop-up window? I...
  5. How to rid the blue pop-up windows saying my Windows 11 is about to expire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rid the blue pop-up windows saying my Windows 11 is about to expire: Windows 11 -system says my Windows License will expire soon. I bought the laptop in Sep 2020. The manufacturer Mi says that all troubleshooting due to upgrades is done by Microsoft but the license is valid for a lifetime. So why do I keep getting this blue pop-up window? I...
  6. What is THIS Pop-UP about?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is THIS Pop-UP about?: Because it sure isn't coming from Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-this-pop-up-about/cbd0267d-eb63-4114-9153-f250f61d66d9
  7. Pop up saying windows license is expiring soon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up saying windows license is expiring soon: Hi i keep getting that pop up and it says i need to activat it but it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-saying-windows-license-is-expiring-soon/25316978-e351-4415-afa4-bbccd5dfd021
  8. I keep getting pop up saying that windows licence is expiring soon,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I keep getting pop up saying that windows licence is expiring soon,: I keep getting pop up saying that windows licence is expiring soon, but my windows 10 pro already activated with digital licence.why such type message showing? [IMG]...
  9. pop up saying windows licence expiring and need to activate,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    pop up saying windows licence expiring and need to activate,: I keep getting pop up saying that windows licence is expiring and then shuts down laptop, but when I check it is already activated ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-saying-windows-licence-expiring-and-need-to/b7fa1275-da8c-4662-98c0-32122dcf6598"
  10. i got a message that says the windows build is about to expire. What do id o now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i got a message that says the windows build is about to expire. What do id o now?: I keep getting the message on my computer that the windows build is about to end. so now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-message-that-says-the-windows-build-is/2719df02-c21b-42bf-8577-0d7a06d0d3fa