Windows 10: pop-up that says my account needs to be "fixed" when i open windows

Discus and support pop-up that says my account needs to be "fixed" when i open windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is this for real? i'm afraid to contact support, because they sounds like every scammer that calls me every week. I keep supplying the information it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by theoriginalrocknrobin, Aug 5, 2019.

1. pop-up that says my account needs to be "fixed" when i open windows

is this for real? i'm afraid to contact support, because they sounds like every scammer that calls me every week. I keep supplying the information it wants, but the pop-up keeps coming up. thanks.

:)

theoriginalrocknrobin, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown pop-up that says my account needs to be "fixed" when i open windows :(

Zakin, Aug 5, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

pop-up that says my account needs to be "fixed" when i open windows

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

pop-up that says my account needs to be "fixed" when i open windows

1. pop-up that says my account needs to be "fixed" when i open windows - Similar Threads - pop says account

2. Microsoft pop-up window opens on top of my document. It says, "Your Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft pop-up window opens on top of my document. It says, "Your Microsoft account...: When I open a Microsoft file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, a Microsoft pop-up window opens on top of my document. It says, "Your Microsoft account brings everything together." The screen freezes. I can't even get to the bottom to hit Continue to get out of it....
  3. Microsoft pop-up window opens on top of my document. It says, "Your Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft pop-up window opens on top of my document. It says, "Your Microsoft account...: When I open a Microsoft file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, a Microsoft pop-up window opens on top of my document. It says, "Your Microsoft account brings everything together." The screen freezes. I can't even get to the bottom to hit Continue to get out of it....
  4. My Windows keeps saying there are issues with my accounts that need to be "Fixed"

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows keeps saying there are issues with my accounts that need to be "Fixed": Hi Microsoft Forum,My Windows keeps saying there are issues with my accounts that need to be "Fixed". This prompt brings me to my Emails & Accounts settings. At one point i created a new email address and I gave it permission to access apps etc... but then i deleted it as i...
  5. When i sign in a window pops up saying we cant sign in to your account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When i sign in a window pops up saying we cant sign in to your account: I have already tried restarting several times, and even when i enter safe mode the same window pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-sign-in-a-window-pops-up-saying-we-cant/56157325-3011-45ee-ae88-7496815d25af
  6. I cant update and when i open my computer every hour it pops up a thing that says ”Almost...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant update and when i open my computer every hour it pops up a thing that says ”Almost...: Hello! I keep getting something on the screen that says "Almost time to restart" and I don't know how to stop it. To let you know, I gave an update on each one if 3-4 hours pass and it says "Undoing all changes" and after a few days it shows me again to update. Can you help...
  7. Account needs attention pop up

Account needs attention pop up: Each time I log into my desktop a pop up is there saying my Microsoft needs attention I may have changed my password. I did not of course and its annoying. Please show me what my settings should be. I use this device and a laptop … maybe the sharing settings are incorrect...
  8. 404 error pops up when trying to access / open my gmail account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    404 error pops up when trying to access / open my gmail account.: Hi, I read through your forum and did not find anything related to this issue. I looked on line for help but am wary about downloading programs that claim to be able to fix it. Do you have any ideas or instructions? Looking at your catagories, I am not sure which to select...
  9. pop up saying windows licence expiring and need to activate,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    pop up saying windows licence expiring and need to activate,: I keep getting pop up saying that windows licence is expiring and then shuts down laptop, but when I check it is already activated ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-saying-windows-licence-expiring-and-need-to/b7fa1275-da8c-4662-98c0-32122dcf6598"
  10. This message pops up on my desktop when I open Windows 10

This message pops up on my desktop when I open Windows 10: This message pops up on my desktop everytime I start up Windows 10, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.547 c:\Users\kclev\AppData\Local\Tadwyhv\yxuphis.axes Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the...