Windows 10: Pop up window asking to send files to recycle bin?

Discus and support Pop up window asking to send files to recycle bin? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am hoping someone has any ideas on this weird problem. I just upgraded to 10 from 7 yesterday on a Toshiba sattelite 64 bit. Everything went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglewing, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Eaglewing Win User

Pop up window asking to send files to recycle bin?

I am hoping someone has any ideas on this weird problem. I just upgraded to 10 from 7 yesterday on a Toshiba sattelite 64 bit.
    Everything went perfect. About 30 mnutes after I noticed a popup window stating “confirm you want to send pictures folder to recycle Bin? I did not touch anything and it just popped up on its own. when I tried to press cancel it just popped up again.
    It wants to send desktop items to recycle bin??
    I have no clue…and why would it be if it is a brand new install of 10. I have never seen this behavior before. The only way I could close the window was to restart the computer.

I would appreciate any insight! Thank you

:)

Eaglewing, Feb 17, 2016
  2. asdadaj Win User

Permanently delete confirmation pops up even though disabled in Recycle Bin properties

I am referring do deleting files from the recycle bin.

"Deleting files inside the recycle bin always asks for a confirmation prompt. It is the normal behavior of the recycle bin."

That is absolutely not true. I have many Windows computers for which that doesn't happen. And the one of which I speak used to behave this way.

I appreciate your response, but you clearly don't understand how Recycle Bin works.

It is indeed the default for the confirmation to pop up. But the check box (unchecked in my original post) is there to disable that confirmation. You can clearly see that box is unchecked in my configuration, so your response is completely mistaken.

asdadaj, Feb 17, 2016
  3. How to stop Windows 10 from Automatically deleting files?

Hello,

I need to disable the (New ?) feature in Windows 10 the automatically cleans up files in the download folder.

(I have been dealing with this problem for a few months and thought I had a work-around but files are still disappearing.

It would not be so bad if I was able to go to the recycling bin and undelete them, but that is not an option because they are not there.

This is crazy for this to be happening without consent (Put in a pop-up asking permission or something.

Thanks

Chrispy_Cracker, Feb 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

Never had this happen to me but I agree it's a bit disconcerting, almost as if someone else has control of your laptop. Are you networked with other computers? Could you ascertain exactly which Pictures folder it was talking about? There are multiple folders now for pictures and with the new Photo App there are picture folders that get automatically created. In addition if you login with a Microsoft account and have OneDrive you will also have a pictures folder there.

It might be possible that you were setting up some of these new apps and it was W10 making some changes that were delayed due to all the other things going on with a new upgrade sorting out all its settings and folders.

Now that you have restarted has it happened again?

philc43, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Pop up window asking to send files to recycle bin? - Similar Threads - Pop window asking

2. How to send deleted files of SD Card to Recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to send deleted files of SD Card to Recycle bin: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-a-recycle-bin-for-usb-drive-removable-media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-send-deleted-files-of-sd-card-to-recycle/b9208b72-85a4-4043-a709-53291f062f74
  3. How to send deleted files of SD Card to Recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to send deleted files of SD Card to Recycle bin: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-a-recycle-bin-for-usb-drive-removable-media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-send-deleted-files-of-sd-card-to-recycle/b9208b72-85a4-4043-a709-53291f062f74
  4. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up: I opened my laptop lid and it told be that my recycle bin was corrupted. It asked me if I wanted to delete all files in it, and since I only had one file for school I didn't need, I clicked yes. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Please reply soon....
  5. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up: I opened my laptop lid and it told be that my recycle bin was corrupted. It asked me if I wanted to delete all files in it, and since I only had one file for school I didn't need, I clicked yes. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Please reply soon....
  6. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File location in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File location in recycle bin: I deleted a file from downloads folder and it went to recycle bin and when I searched for that file in the search bar under "This PC" it shows me the locationc/user/username/appdata/roaming/temp . Is it safe to believe that files in this location stay for 30 days before...
  8. I can't send files to the recycle bin in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't send files to the recycle bin in Windows 10.: When I delete files in Windows 10, it asks me if I want to permanently delete the file instead of sending it to the recycle bin. I've seen other posts in the forums about this but the only response seems to be to go to the recycle bin properties and select custom. That's not...
  9. PDF reDirect and recycle bin pop up issues

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF reDirect and recycle bin pop up issues: Again, it's the little stuff that is annoying. Used to be when I would select PDF reDirect as print option, program would pop up on my screen with item ready to select view. Now I have to open PDF reDirect manually to find doc I want to become a PDF. I swear, tho, the first...
  10. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....