Windows 10: Pop-up window: requires elevation

Discus and support Pop-up window: requires elevation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to install/update a software on my computer, but the system asked me to enter user name and password. After I enter the details, there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wang Yu (wangyu), Mar 4, 2019.

1. Pop-up window: requires elevation

Hi,

I tried to install/update a software on my computer, but the system asked me to enter user name and password. After I enter the details, there was a window pop-up says "the requested operation requires elevation". I tried to use cmd (run as administrator), but the same window pop up again.

I am the only user for this computer, but it seems like I am not the admin.

Appreciate if any of you can assist to solve the problem.

:)

Wang Yu (wangyu), Mar 4, 2019

2. Windows 7 - The requested operation requires elevation

• I know very little about computers and understand less.
    • I used Open Office (4.1.0) for ages without a problem, until for no discernable reason (that I could understand - I certainly didn't operate my PC any differently) I started to get the "requires elevation" message.
    • I started to use Libre Office. Again, I used this for a long time without issue, until one day recently I got the "elevation" message - again, not having done anything different.
    • After I changed to Libre Office, I used it to open Open Office documents. I am now using Word Pad to open Open Office and Libre Office docs, but it does not support everything, so the settings are sometimes off - out of alignment etc.
    • This PC is in my home. I am the only user and therefore I have the only Profile. I am the Administrator. As such I am bemused. Why does the PC that only I ever use think that I need a higher elevation? And a higher elevation than the Administrator??!!
    • If anyone has an answer or a suggestion as to what I can do to fix this, please bear in mind that I will need words of one syllable and VERY clear instructions! To be honest, I am not hopeful. I have seen numerous suggested answers in response to this error
      message, and so far they have not worked. That said, I have not seen my particular issue being raised.

Good luck!

NeilMcQue1, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Pop-up window: requires elevation

7z Setup SFX require elevation

Hi,

The error “The requested operation requires elevation” when trying to launch
    the 7z Setup SFX.exe indicates that you do
    not
    have elevated privileges. This normally means that the installation EXE file has not been run as an administrator, which is different than logging into the computer as Administrator.

It seems you're running on a Windows Server. If so, they are supported via the

Microsoft TechNet
    . It is best posting your concern in their forum as well. Just click on the link below to get to their specific forum.

Kindest regards.

Joanna 777, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Pop-up window: requires elevation

1. Pop-up window: requires elevation - Similar Threads - Pop window requires

2. The requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The requested operation requires elevation: What happens is that I call Microsoft and they sent me to do a few steps but what it did was damage it more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-requested-operation-requires-elevation/e93d6fba-5fd7-4b4d-a5dc-36f28bed8b5b
  3. This requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This requested operation requires elevation: I’m trying to start fallout on my Pc the Xbox version when all of a sudden it just says this requested operation requires elevate if anyone knows how to fix it lmk asap I’ve done properties and command prompts but it’s still not working so if anyone knows yk lmk...
  4. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION.: Hello Everyone.I have a query. When I am running any app as an administrator, it is showing the requested operation requires elevation as shown in the attachment....
  5. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION.

in Windows 10 Customization
    THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION.: Hello Everyone.I have a query. When I am running any app as an administrator, it is showing the requested operation requires elevation as shown in the attachment....
  6. required operation needs elevation

required operation needs elevation: windows 10 this operation needs elevation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/required-operation-needs-elevation/b7757ca1-00f6-47bf-8db0-b35d743ab870
  7. "The requested operation requires elevation."

"The requested operation requires elevation.": Tried making the ASUS AURA app to open upon startup however, I get the error message: "The requested operation requires elevation". Any help is greatly appreciated....
  8. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION

THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION: Iam unable to run .exe files I am getting THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-requested-operation-requires-elevation/421d26f6-05eb-4d10-9ed2-4e64a6761584
  9. Elevated Access Required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated Access Required: Hello, We're deploying Windows 10 to all our corporate computers, and I was trying to write a batch file to silently install all the necessary core programs that our employees would need. However I keep getting an elevated access required issue when running the batch file...
  10. The requested elevation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The requested elevation requires elevation: I have seen this question asked before and attempted a few solutions. Fixing computer problems is not my forte and I would really like an easy to followed solution. I have downloaded the program Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2. It has converted most of my files to OpenOffice.org XML...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pop up elevation required