Windows 10: Pop up window still "displaying" on 2nd monitor which I no longer have

Discus and support Pop up window still "displaying" on 2nd monitor which I no longer have in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was previously using 2 monitors, now I'm only using 1 my laptop. Whilst using a program, when I open up a popup window, it still thinks it's being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Annio21, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Annio21 Win User

Pop up window still "displaying" on 2nd monitor which I no longer have

I was previously using 2 monitors, now I'm only using 1 my laptop. Whilst using a program, when I open up a popup window, it still thinks it's being "displayed" on the other monitor.

How do I resolve this? I no longer have any access to the 2nd monitor, and I'm using Windows OS 10 Enterprise.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Annio21, Apr 22, 2021

2. 2nd monitor no longer recognised

Hi Pratiksha

Thanks for responding.

MY PC is ASUS Desktop PC A_F_K31ADE (64bit, 8gig RAM). Windows 10 Home edition.

Before anything else, I want you to understand that up until today I had no problem with display of my 2nd monitor. It was only after I disconnected and re-connected the VGA cable (over a different issue) that the connection was lost. I also never had this
    problem with my previous PC which was retired only a few weks ago. I am using ther same monitors (Voewsonic VP2635 and 2nd is Viewsonic VA702 - an oldie but which has worked fine until now and is perfectly OK for my needs as a second monitor.

The error message on my 2nd monitor is "NO SIGNAL" in blue font, otherwise it is blank.

I have tried different VGA cables - one new and one which works on other PCs. There is no other socket on my VA702.

As you suggested I disconnected the primary monitor's DVA cable and rebooted but nothing changed.

If I right-click desktop - display settings - only monitor 1 shows and clicking detect gets "Didn't detect another display". Similarly no 2nd monitor shows in Devices; Device Monitor - Monitors.

Driver NVIDEA GeForce GT 710 messaage id thst driver is up to date.

If I go to NVIDEA control panel only monitor 1 shows and if I click on "set up multiple displays" there is no 2nd monitor showing. I clicked "detect missing display" (for older monitors etc) but nothing found.

In windows key/ P display settings I highlighted "extend" as choicer for display - nothing changed.Having looked through MS forums and also having googled my problem it is impossible to mescape the fact that there a thousands having the same problem as
    I am and I cannot feel more frustrated as to go about my job I need 2 monitors. I find it hard to believe that with all the weeping and wailing from so many oters re this issue I am now stuck with a single monitor PC!!

I

UpsonDownes, Apr 22, 2021
  3. 2nd display monitor

Hello, my name is Brad, I'm an Independent Advisor and I wanted to add to my colleagues' efforts.

Below is a link to a walk-through that will show you each step to enabling the 2nd monitor.

On the walkthrough, if you click the button that says "Open Display Settings" and says "Ok" to the prompt, the Display Control panel will be opened on your computer for you. Not worry, this page is hosted by a different part of Microsoft so it's perfectly safe.

Link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/434033...

Omoikane1122, Apr 22, 2021
  4. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Pop up window still "displaying" on 2nd monitor which I no longer have - Similar Threads - Pop window still

2. Windows Hello pop-up displays on other monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello pop-up displays on other monitors: Hi all!Currently, I have a multi-monitor setup with my work laptop, and my laptop sits on the left hand side of my 2 monitors. I frequently use Windows Hello to sign into work apps throughout the day, however when operating on the middle or right hand monitor, the windows...
  3. Windows Hello pop-up displays on other monitors

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello pop-up displays on other monitors: Hi all!Currently, I have a multi-monitor setup with my work laptop, and my laptop sits on the left hand side of my 2 monitors. I frequently use Windows Hello to sign into work apps throughout the day, however when operating on the middle or right hand monitor, the windows...
  4. Windows Hello pop-up displays on other monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active: HiWindows 10, 21H2 OS Build 19044.1889I've two monitors linked up to my PC:Left side: 1st monitor: DVIRight side: 2nd montor: DP from PC to VGA via adapterNow when I turn off my 2nd monitor, the desktop for this monitor still seems to be enabled. I could move the mouse all to...
  6. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  7. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  8. App pops up on a second monitor window, which is disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App pops up on a second monitor window, which is disconnected: Hello, So i've been using a second monitor for a while but had to move my laptop for a few reasons. The problem i'm having is: Apps that have previously been closed on my currently unused second monitor all pop up outside my current screen, on an imaginary second monitor. I...
  9. 2nd monitor display issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor display issue: I just recently updated Windows 10 and am unable to use my second monitor connected via an HDMI cable. This was working fine prior to the upgrade. I can use the PC only mode or the Second screen only mode, but not extend or duplicate....
  10. 2nd display monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2nd display monitor: how do a separate display monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-monitor/09d4b72e-1bb8-4645-8a67-76c0240bbd03"