Windows 10: Pop-up windows to add accounts not showing up

Discus and support Pop-up windows to add accounts not showing up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have multiple apps that have this issue. Pop-up windows won't open in: Bluetooth Settings when trying to add a device. Adding an email account in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThatWasLeftHanded, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Pop-up windows to add accounts not showing up

I have multiple apps that have this issue.

Pop-up windows won't open in:

Bluetooth Settings when trying to add a device.

Adding an email account in Mail & Calendar.

Adding an account under Email & Accounts in Settings.

When trying to improve facial recognition for my Windows Hello webcam.

This seems to be a system-wide issue, clicking on any of these buttons literally does nothing!

I tried resetting my computer and it fixed it until installing the latest update, I think it broke my desktop...

:)

ThatWasLeftHanded, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Pop-up windows to add accounts not showing up :(

Zakin, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Pop-up windows to add accounts not showing up

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Pop-up windows to add accounts not showing up

1. Pop-up windows to add accounts not showing up - Similar Threads - Pop add accounts

2. Windows Bluetooth pop-up doesn't shows up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bluetooth pop-up doesn't shows up: When I try to connect the keyboard to the computer Windows 11, Bluetooth finds the device, but does not show a pop-up window for entering the password and I cannot connect. I tried to clean registry, troubleshoot, uninstall and update drivers....
  3. Windows Bluetooth pop-up doesn't shows up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Bluetooth pop-up doesn't shows up: When I try to connect the keyboard to the computer Windows 11, Bluetooth finds the device, but does not show a pop-up window for entering the password and I cannot connect. I tried to clean registry, troubleshoot, uninstall and update drivers....
  4. This Pop-up error message show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This Pop-up error message show up: Why does windows 11 show me the below screenshot problem every time I start windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-up-error-message-show-up/c7227ea0-63fb-4a91-982a-fbb8253c9d91
  5. This Pop-up error message show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This Pop-up error message show up: Why does windows 11 show me the below screenshot problem every time I start windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-up-error-message-show-up/c7227ea0-63fb-4a91-982a-fbb8253c9d91
  6. Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up: My wife and I share a pc and before the recent update We both independently used our own logins and accounts to access my compute. After this newest windows update no matter what I try from making a random blank no Microsoft login account to erasing her from the pc and...
  7. Add a Device window pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add a Device window pop up: The "Add a Device " window continues to pop up approximately every 15 minutes, even after I've added all my devices. How do I stop or disable this window from continually popping up?...
  8. Windows 10 Add Mail Account Pop Up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Add Mail Account Pop Up in Firefox: I had to reinstall Windows the other day because of some corruption on the OS drive. I used the most current ISO from MSFT: Version 1909 build 18363.592 I don't have a lot of programs so the installation and configuration didn't take too long. I have an issue with my...
  9. Account Contol pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Contol pop up: I am trying to update my SIMS 4 game and I keep getting this message: "Oops… Windows blocked our attempt to download game content. If you'd like to allow Origin to download content to your computer, select "Retry" below. When prompted, grant permission within the User...
  10. how to block pop-up adds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to block pop-up adds: very annoying trying to read something with pop-ups blocking content https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-block-pop-up-adds/bcdf397c-f45c-448a-9193-927f19faaaa1