Windows 10: Pop Up , Your Version of Mail is out of date Update Now to Continue Sending and Receiving...

Discus and support Pop Up , Your Version of Mail is out of date Update Now to Continue Sending and Receiving... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is this and do I have to do it to continue to use Windows 10 Mail app on my PC ??? If this is anything like the Windows 10 Creators Update ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimDirt, Jun 16, 2020.

1. JimDirt Win User

Pop Up , Your Version of Mail is out of date Update Now to Continue Sending and Receiving...

What is this and do I have to do it to continue to use Windows 10 Mail app on my PC ???

If this is anything like the Windows 10 Creators Update , I refuse to do it , I do not want my email changed , screwed up , or otherwise controlled by Microsoft or anyone else but me , I do not want the minimal crappy features it has to be further screwed up by some forced garbage that I did not ask for .... I had to fight with Microsoft to permanently STOP the Creators Update from installing on my PC , Myself and Windows Techs had to Remote dig into my system to disable that update from continually screwing up my PC and removing programs that I used and wanted , I do not want this happening with my Email .....

On my next Hard Drive I plan on going back to Windows 7 so I don't have to deal with all the issues with Windows 10 , it is the most unstable glitchy inferior OS Microsoft has come out with to date .... Win 98SE or Win 7 are 100 times better in every way , and I have used Windows since 3.1 ..... I wish Outlook Express before they screwed it up by changing the POP 3 stuff and making it a clunky useless program still worked like it used to before Microsoft screwed it up like how it actually worked like it did with Win 98SE .... I hate Outlook even though Win 10 Mail App is run by it , as it is ignorant , you tell it to send X email to your Inbox , you make rules , you say it is NOT Junk , and it keeps sending the same emails I get every day , to Junk , and there is no fix for this issue .... I am not going to upgrade , if which like Windows 10 , will end up being a downgrade , to some botched version of Windows 10 Mail App that works worse than this version

So my question remains ....... Do I have to Update to continue to use Windows 10 Mail App as the stupid banner says , or can I just leave it as is and be happy and still send and receive emails ??????

I do not want the generic Yes you have to because Microsoft thinks it is best , I want to know if my email will continue to work as it has , if I do NOT update it ???? , This is what I want answered Specifically ..... Thanks .... Jim

:)

JimDirt, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to send mails from Mail app (held in Outbox)

Hi Barrie,

Thank you for updating.

Do you have stable internet connection?

I suggest you to check the date and time setting in your computer.

Please follow the below steps and check.

• Click on the Date and time at the right bottom corner of your screen.

• Click on Date and time settings and click on
      Change date and time format on right pane.
    Also try to access mail through browser and check if you are able to send and receive mail. Do check if you have seamless internet access.

Do try the steps suggested and check the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 16, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Pop Up , Your Version of Mail is out of date Update Now to Continue Sending and Receiving...

Mail not sending!

Thanks, Guys...
    Mailbird is now telling me that I can only have one account so I will be dumping that one. In addition, while it was (yesterday) set as the default mail client it was actually W-Mail being used!

I found my e-account details/settings and the numbers were as listed on the TalkTalk/Tiscali site!
    Surprising as the only difficulty is sending mails - incoming is not an issue...

The error message I keep receiving in the 'non-delivery' mail is the '550' variety...
    Activating the link you sent I see that:

550 - usually defines a non-existent email address on the remote side.
    Though it can be returned also by the recipient’s firewall (or when the incoming server is down), the great majority of errors 550 simply tell that the recipient email address doesn’t exist. You should contact the recipient otherwise and get the right address.

The mails were 'sent' to addresses I have had contact with for many years - double and triple checked to confirm they are correct and according to those I spoke to by land-line confirm their mail systems were/are fully functional and sent me 'test' mails instantly.

As said, prior to this new PC I was using pop mail; the new PC set up with idap...

You suggested 'Web Mail' ~~~ what is that?
    I know, another dumb question...

Respecting your patience *Huh

Ken *Wink

skyways1142, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Pop Up , Your Version of Mail is out of date Update Now to Continue Sending and Receiving...

1. Pop Up , Your Version of Mail is out of date Update Now to Continue Sending and Receiving... - Similar Threads - Pop Version Mail

2. W10 Mail will not send or receive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Mail will not send or receive: I had a total H/D failure and reinstalled W10 from M/S downloads site. on a new disk Everything went as expected but in the course of setting up the email "Mail" program I do not know what I did but the program will not do any action asked, The program opens but is blank, I...
  3. W10 Mail will not send or receive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Mail will not send or receive: I had a total H/D failure and reinstalled W10 from M/S downloads site. on a new disk Everything went as expected but in the course of setting up the email "Mail" program I do not know what I did but the program will not do any action asked, The program opens but is blank, I...
  4. W10 Mail will not send or receive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ''Your version of Mail is out of date. Update now to continue sending and receiving...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ''Your version of Mail is out of date. Update now to continue sending and receiving...: When I open my email on Windows 10, there is a yellow warning at the top that says, ''Your version of Mail is out of date. Update now to continue sending and receiving email.'' But when I click the button to go to Microsoft Store, there is no update and Microsoft Store...
  6. Your Yahoo mail is out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your Yahoo mail is out of date: It says my yahoo is out of date. I entered my password and it gives the following error message: [ATTACH] I went to the learn more and downloaded the new Windows update, as it said that could be the problem, and it still gives the error message even after I completed the...
  7. continue receiving app recommendations up date now & code 0xc06d007f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continue receiving app recommendations up date now & code 0xc06d007f: when i try to download anything online games, or app or anything a box show up on my screen. say It is time to update your device. to continue receiving app recommendations up date now. when I click on update now it takes me to windows updates. when i click on updatus,...
  8. Receiving message, ‘Your email settings are out of date’

in Windows 10 Customization
    Receiving message, ‘Your email settings are out of date’: Every few days I get a message that my account settings are out of date ... and require fixing. I then put in my password and the 'problem' is fixed. Why do I get this message and how can I stop it? ***Modified title from: email account setting***...
  9. Mail "Your settings are out of date,"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail "Your settings are out of date,": Hello, My name is Luke, and my Mail app on Windows 10 will not work with my iCloud email address it says "Your iCloud settings are out of date," so I try to fix it but seconds later it is coming up again. Please could you help me? Thanks...
  10. E-mail not sending/receiving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E-mail not sending/receiving: E-mail : Fix Outlook error Ox8004060C during the Send/Receive operation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-not-sendingreceiving/feff0be5-030e-469d-b70f-41808ea9c006