Windows 10: pop-ups in Windows News app

Discus and support pop-ups in Windows News app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did a clean install and currently I have an annoying pop-up appeared when I try to read the news using the Windows News app.I didn’t receive this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by len89128, Nov 25, 2018.

1. len89128 Win User

pop-ups in Windows News app

I did a clean install and currently I have an annoying pop-up appeared when I try to read the news using the Windows News app.I didn’t receive this pop-up before I performed a clean install. How can I stop it?

:)

len89128, Nov 25, 2018

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    pop up window

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set as default app.

• In the search box, type “settings”.
    • Click on “system” and on the left hand corner click on
      “default apps”.
    • Under “choose default apps” click on the “+” symbol and you can
      add the apps.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press Windows key +R.

• Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.

• Click on Programs Tab and click
      Set Programs
      under Internet Programs.

• Click on Select Associate a File type or protocol with a program.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Nov 25, 2018
  4. pop-ups in Windows News app

Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

pop-ups in Windows News app

1. pop-ups in Windows News app - Similar Threads - pop ups News

2. Weird random news pop-ups on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird random news pop-ups on desktop: Hello,So I have recently noticed some weird NEWS pop-upsin a grey box with white font that show up randomly on my desktop in random times and random spots. I have tried scanning for malwares/adwares/viruses with different antivirus/antimalware programs, but to no avail. I...
  3. Weird random news pop-ups on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird random news pop-ups on desktop: Hello,So I have recently noticed some weird NEWS pop-upsin a grey box with white font that show up randomly on my desktop in random times and random spots. I have tried scanning for malwares/adwares/viruses with different antivirus/antimalware programs, but to no avail. I...
  4. In-App Purchase window not popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-App Purchase window not popping up.: Whenever I try to purchase something inside an app, the pop-up window does not show up.I have tried solutions likeWSReset.exeResetting the app and Microsoft Store from settings.Resetting my PC...
  5. In-App Purchase window not popping up.

In-App Purchase window not popping up.: Whenever I try to purchase something inside an app, the pop-up window does not show up.I have tried solutions likeWSReset.exeResetting the app and Microsoft Store from settings.Resetting my PC...
  6. windows news and unwanted apps with pop-ups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows news and unwanted apps with pop-ups: I have over the last few weeks noticed a pop-up from windows that happens all the time and interrupts everything from games im playing to movies to working on spreadsheets etc. It had taken me however long to figure out how to disable it. i did not want or ask for this to be...
  7. News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana): I have eight win10 machines in my home. They are all up to date, and today "News & Interests" showed up on all eight machines (after rebooting). They all work as expected except my primary laptop, which shows the Icon (or Icon and Text) just fine in the taskbar, but when I...
  8. Hide Microsoft weather & news pop-up in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Microsoft weather & news pop-up in taskbar: recently this weather and new widget showed up in my taskbar and I'm not able to figure out how to hide it. It's not hidden when I select do not show cortana. It seems to be a microsoft driven add-on because the bottom says "Microsoft News" and it opens msn on any link I...
  9. news pop-ups in lower right corner

news pop-ups in lower right corner: Hi, I'm brand new to this forum. I would like to stop the news pop ups that come up in a gray box in the lower right hand corner of my laptop. I did find an answer that said the following "This is probably something you can suppress by disabling Settings -> System ->...
  10. News app

News app: I'v uninstalled this app and reset it but I'm continuously having the same problem. Is there any updates on solving this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/news-app/d70e6ebe-d444-474b-b6f3-dcac93c897c9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. news app popup

2. news app popups