Windows 10: Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times.

Discus and support Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times. This was not the first time this happened in W10 as it happened several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, May 4, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times.

Hi,

This was not the first time this happened in W10 as it happened several time previously.
    These files were copied before with W10 without these type of error msg. Is there something in W10 copy function that's different than W7 or XP which this did not occur? Did a search of the orig folder and the destination folder & the files did not show up?

Any idea what would cause this?

Regards,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, May 4, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 4, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 4, 2020
  4. Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times.

Why doesn't File Explorer copy the files that are not in conflict in the destination folder?

Hi Abdu,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any error messages upon moving the files?
    • Have you tried moving the files manually to the destination folder?
    • What is the file type that you are trying to move?
    • Is the destination folder on a local storage (installed on the PC) or is it on an external drive.
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times. - Similar Threads - Pop ups indicate

2. Why are there 3 to 5 copies of everything that's backed up in the File History folder? And...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there 3 to 5 copies of everything that's backed up in the File History folder? And...: I am looking up what is taking up so much of my storage space. I have a 1TB internal M.2 PCIe NVMe 3.0 SSD and AND! a 2TB 2.5 SATA SSD and I just happened to notice that they're both getting filled up much faster than they should be considering I just got a 6TB external...
  3. Why are there 3 to 5 copies of everything that's backed up in the File History folder? And...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are there 3 to 5 copies of everything that's backed up in the File History folder? And...: I am looking up what is taking up so much of my storage space. I have a 1TB internal M.2 PCIe NVMe 3.0 SSD and AND! a 2TB 2.5 SATA SSD and I just happened to notice that they're both getting filled up much faster than they should be considering I just got a 6TB external...
  4. Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items: I am trying to move some folders and files from the source to the destination folder on the same drive.First, I tried dragging-n-dropping, but I found that while the folders and files were copied to the destination folder, they were still in the source folder. Next, I tried...
  5. Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items: I am trying to move some folders and files from the source to the destination folder on the same drive.First, I tried dragging-n-dropping, but I found that while the folders and files were copied to the destination folder, they were still in the source folder. Next, I tried...
  6. Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items

7. destination folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    destination folder: i want to download a game. I dont know what destination folder i could use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destination-folder/8ca458d8-51fe-4f34-9f79-d78b1a677bad
  8. destination folder

destination folder: i want to download a game. I dont know what destination folder i could use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destination-folder/8ca458d8-51fe-4f34-9f79-d78b1a677bad
  9. Destination's Folder

Destination's Folder: That it is full now and how does one empty it to allow backup space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destinations-folder/e67d4a5e-cda5-4b2a-af7d-fb0bd2d2afee
  10. Copy File and rename if this file exist in destination

Copy File and rename if this file exist in destination: Hello, I need a script to copy for example C:\file.txt to D:\file.txt and if D:\file.txt exist keep both files every time the script run. Thank you...