Windows 10: Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times.

Discus and support Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times. This was not the first time this happened in W10 as it happened several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, May 4, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times.

Hi,

This was not the first time this happened in W10 as it happened several time previously.
    These files were copied before with W10 without these type of error msg. Is there something in W10 copy function that's different than W7 or XP which this did not occur? Did a search of the orig folder and the destination folder & the files did not show up?

Any idea what would cause this?

Regards,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, May 4, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 4, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 4, 2020
  4. Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times.

Why doesn't File Explorer copy the files that are not in conflict in the destination folder?

Hi Abdu,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any error messages upon moving the files?
    • Have you tried moving the files manually to the destination folder?
    • What is the file type that you are trying to move?
    • Is the destination folder on a local storage (installed on the PC) or is it on an external drive.
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Pop ups indicate files can't be copied to destination folder, 3 times. - Similar Threads - Pop ups indicate

2. Compare two folders and replace files in destination folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compare two folders and replace files in destination folder?: Hello, I'm reaching out here because I am currently dealing with corrupted files in a video game. I have isolated the files into their own folder and I'm hoping that I will be able to send the folder to a friend that has the correct files and have them replace those with the...
  3. File pop up !

in Windows 10 Customization
    File pop up !: Hello : Im having a problem with a File POP UP BOX.! It POPS UP at Random,, It says : How Do You Want To Open This File: I just want to turn it off so it will stop POPPING UP !!!...
  4. (3) virus pop-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    (3) virus pop-up: I have unsuccessfully tried to find this adware/malware in my files to remove it. My virus scanner continues to show 0 viruses, yet this annoying pop-up happens every time I access Firefox or Google. Any suggestions how to end it?...
  5. Copy File and rename if this file exist in destination

Copy File and rename if this file exist in destination: Hello, I need a script to copy for example C:\file.txt to D:\file.txt and if D:\file.txt exist keep both files every time the script run. Thank you...
  6. destination folder access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    destination folder access denied: hello, I have been trying to move a file from one hard drive to another but every time I tried to do so it came up with "destination folder access denied. you need permission to perform this action." my account is admin and I have tried looking up how to stop this on my own...
  7. Windows 10 cannot copy files through the private network. Destination folder access denied.

Windows 10 cannot copy files through the private network. Destination folder access denied.: Well, as I said: Windows 10 cannot copy files through the private network. Destination folder access denied. You need permission to perform this action. I have EVERYTHING as I had a few days ago (when this can be done): Network discovery ON File and printer sharing ON...
  8. "Destination Folder Access Denied" when copying to ReadyNAS NV+

"Destination Folder Access Denied" when copying to ReadyNAS NV+: Hi, hopefully someone has overcome this issue already. I received the Windows 10 upgrade and things worked fine - including copying files to my NAS. However I decided to do a clean install on a new SSD drive and when logged into that Windows 10 I cannot copy files to my NAS....
  9. Input Indicator keeps popping up on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Indicator keeps popping up on taskbar: Hello there! My display language is in English (Philippines) and it's the only language I have installed. Weirdly enough, I noticed that when I open up CS:GO (a game), the input indicator pops up at the right part of my taskbar. I've tried everything, I've disabled it in...
  10. Folder copy, source/destination contents do not match in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder copy, source/destination contents do not match in Explorer: hello! for some reason, after doing some successful folder copies (ie no errors) from my external USB drive to my RAID 1 NAS, the contents of some source folders and their respective destination folders do not match in windows explorer, ie file/folder count and size are...