Windows 10: Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; thinking it might be an extension. I go to extension but the only thing I can do in extensions is acquire some extensions as there are no extensions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by isogood, Jul 8, 2019.

1. isogood Win User

Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge

thinking it might be an extension. I go to extension but the only thing I can do in extensions is acquire some extensions as there are no extensions attached to my Edge browser. the popups are either sells or notifications and it is clearly an unwanted pup. at the bottom of the popups is : en.softonic.via microsoft edg how do I get rid of en.softonic.via microsoft edg?

:)

isogood, Jul 8, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft edge, blocked a pop up ?? allow once ??

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn off.

• If you want Pop-ups then you can turn on.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Sharief K Win User

Pop up blocked message in Microsoft Edge

Hi Michael,

• When do you get the message?
    • Does it happens with any specific website?

To enable and disable the popup blocker, follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button in the upper right-hand corner to access the Microsoft Edge menu.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on View Advanced settings.
    • Block up Pop ups. From here you can turn off or on the pop up blocker.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Pop ups occuring

2. Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge: thinking it might be an extension. I go to extension but the only thing I can do in extensions is acquire some extensions as there are no extensions attached to my Edge browser. the popups are either sells or notifications and it is clearly an unwanted pup. at the bottom of...
  3. Pop Up from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop Up from Microsoft: There is a pop up from Microsoft which is we think not from Microsoft. This is by opening the Microsoft Mahjong and Microsoft Jigsaw and Microsoft Sudoku and also by the Microsoft Daily Challenges. If you play a daily challenge or try to then the pop up is coming and is...
  4. Pop up with Microsoft logo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up with Microsoft logo: I have a popup showing up on my screen, usually when an attachment is opened. The popup has the Microsoft logo, and reads "Your data, in your control" and invites me to click on a box that says "next". It will not go away no matter what I do, and I don't want to click on the...
  5. Microsoft Pop Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Pop Up: I have a problem with this microsoft news app that keeps coming up on the top of my screen. I click " No Thanks" and it goes away and then a little later it comes back. When it comes back whatever I am working on freezes up and I get a message that reads "msn.com is not...
  6. Microsoft, pop ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft, pop ups: I keep getting pop-ups pages, it said it's from Microsoft, Asking for personal information - Is there any way I can stop this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-pop-ups/6f3dbabf-ebd2-4fb9-8154-93e153cd85a9
  7. microsoft Edge pop up asking for usename and password

microsoft Edge pop up asking for usename and password: Hi every time I go to a particular website which I have an account with and have used for many years I keep getting a pop up stating the server requires my username and password to continue. I was not sure of the authenticity and can still access the website but every time I...
  8. microsoft edge popped up a window saying that the server www.untiernor.com is asking for...

microsoft edge popped up a window saying that the server www.untiernor.com is asking for...: so this window is asking for info with a virus alert and the computer is blocked. i cant get past this to do anything... help?...
  9. microsoft pop-ups requests

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft pop-ups requests: I am endeavouring to down load a driver from HP to enable me to sync printer to windows 10. micro soft repeatedly keeps sending me requests by pop-up for my ADMIN PASSWORD to authorise changes to comp. I donot have a admin password, how do I obtain this so that Hp driver...
  10. How to stop Edge pop up

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge pop up: Every time I open Edge in Windows 10 I get a pop up just under my bookmarks tool bar asking if I want to download an app to install Edge on my Andriod or I phone. I keep saying "No", but the pop up keeps coming up. Is there a way to stop this? I have Firefox also, and my home...