Windows 10: Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; thinking it might be an extension. I go to extension but the only thing I can do in extensions is acquire some extensions as there are no extensions... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by isogood, Jul 9, 2019.

1. isogood Win User

Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge

thinking it might be an extension. I go to extension but the only thing I can do in extensions is acquire some extensions as there are no extensions attached to my Edge browser. the popups are either sells or notifications and it is clearly an unwanted pup. at the bottom of the popups is : en.softonic.via microsoft edg how do I get rid of en.softonic.via microsoft edg?

:)

isogood, Jul 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft edge, blocked a pop up ?? allow once ??

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn off.

• If you want Pop-ups then you can turn on.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Sharief K Win User

Pop up blocked message in Microsoft Edge

Hi Michael,

• When do you get the message?
    • Does it happens with any specific website?

To enable and disable the popup blocker, follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button in the upper right-hand corner to access the Microsoft Edge menu.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on View Advanced settings.
    • Block up Pop ups. From here you can turn off or on the pop up blocker.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Pop ups occuring

2. having edge pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    having edge pop up: using windows 10 whenever i click a link in outlook, word, whatever, it opens a tab in edge which is what i want it to do but it doesn't automatically make edge the front of the page,idk if that is the right term. I have to go down to edge icon and open edge. How can I get it...
  3. having edge pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    having edge pop up: using windows 10 whenever i click a link in outlook, word, whatever, it opens a tab in edge which is what i want it to do but it doesn't automatically make edge the front of the page,idk if that is the right term. I have to go down to edge icon and open edge. How can I get it...
  4. having edge pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  6. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  7. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Edge annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge annoying pop-up: Just Curious, but when if ever are you planning on deleting the annoying Microsoft New App? I keep saying "No Thanks", but it insists on coming back. I may be mistaken, but I'll bet there are others who feel the same way....
  9. Pop up Windows Security Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up Windows Security Microsoft Edge: On my PC running Windows 10, I have a popup. A loud message: do not shut down, On the screen there is a Box has Windows Security in small font, typed above Microsoft Edge. Below, the Microsoft Edge line, is The server 000226 gq is asking for your user name and password...
  10. Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop ups occuring in Microsoft Edge: thinking it might be an extension. I go to extension but the only thing I can do in extensions is acquire some extensions as there are no extensions attached to my Edge browser. the popups are either sells or notifications and it is clearly an unwanted pup. at the bottom of...