Windows 10: Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware

Discus and support Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A short while ago, I was downloading editing software. At the same time, a company named topflownews started frequently sliding into view on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gp164, Apr 2, 2020.

1. gp164 Win User

Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware

A short while ago, I was downloading editing software.

At the same time, a company named topflownews started frequently sliding into view on the bottom right of my screen, claiming some affiliation with microsoft edge.

The news content is click bait about celebrity downfalls, flabby **** anglosaxon girls wanting to talk to me, and boring 'games'.

I never knowingly consented to these constant intrusions.

I am worried that this may be malware.

I have constantly used windows security to try to protect my device.

I have no tech experience, I want to delete these harassing pop ups - how do I do this?

[Original Title: pop ups]

:)

gp164, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

Pop up malware

Have you sought assistance from your antimalware provider (Avast, AVG, Avira, McAfee, Norton, etc)?

For issues with popups while using Edge see the responses of GreginMich dated
    March 7 and March 9, 2016: System error.

If your issue continues see this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com: Remove Adware, Pop-ups & Malware from Chrome, Firefox and Edge

You may not need to scan with Hitman Pro (available in trial version if you do need to use it). If scanning with AdwCleaner (step 1), JRT (step 2) and Malwarebytes Free (step 3) does not resolve your issue, you may
    need to reset your browsers as suggested in step 5.

Alternatively recommend scanning with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit: Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Good luck…

How to avoid potentially unwanted programs - Malwarebytes Labs

Le Boule, Apr 2, 2020
  3. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware

Malware pop up.

Constantly I get this pop up that says "Malware defender taking action to clean up" then says that it's all set right afterwards, even when I'm not doing anything. Is there a way to stop that stupid pop up. I mean I'd like a virus protector or whatever
    the heck it is but not the pop up that is very annoying.

I am also very new at this computer stuff so I'm sure there is a very simple answer to this question that boggles me.

Thank you for your time

AllisonTodaro, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware

1. Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware - Similar Threads - Pop ups Suspect

2. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore: I found an program called Fontcore in my pc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fontcore i am suspecting that thing is a malware my pc acting weird and im suspecting this is this thing a virus? Please let me know :D...
  3. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore: I found an program called Fontcore in my pc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Fontcore i am suspecting that thing is a malware my pc acting weird and im suspecting this is this thing a virus? Please let me know :D...
  4. Suspecting virus/malware Fontcore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Suspected Malware In Startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspected Malware In Startup: The program circled appears in my startup, it changes symbols making it difficult to find/search.. The Microsoft Safety Scanner Detects nothing. Only thing I could do is turn it off. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Suspected malware

Suspected malware: Dear sir,Someone sent me a file on WhatsApp and when i opened this file it opened in OneDrive. After that i suspected, this person was trying to hack my mobile phone so i started to search for the file he sent me many times and i cannot find it! I'm trying to restore my...
  7. Suspected malware

Suspected malware: I was using kmplayer as my video player and when I scanned it in virustotal it showed there was virus in the app.So I deleted it.Now in appdata/local/Microsoft/windows there is a usrclass.dat file and it shows its type as kmplayer64.dat .Is it a malware?If it is how to delete...
  8. Stealthy Malware Suspected

Stealthy Malware Suspected: I suspect I may have some hidden malware/rootkit on my machine. Weird unexpected things happening on my PC. A few unexplained uninstalls and application launches. SFC and DISM scans all show everything fine. SFC scans always fix corruption after updates. The logs all look...
  9. Suspected malware. Need help asap!

Suspected malware. Need help asap!: Hi, I'm Aditya Mishra. I've been getting this pop-up lately https://ibb.co/jrK3y5j which has become quite frequent. Though the path it shows doesn't exist, there are times when a blue PowerShell window appears in the left for about 2 seconds. And Yesterday, there were a few...
  10. Suspected malware. Need help asap!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspected malware. Need help asap!: Hi, I'm Aditya Mishra. I've been getting this pop-up lately https://ibb.co/jrK3y5jwhich has become quite frequent. Though the path it shows doesn't exist, there are times when a blue PowerShell window appears in the left for about 2 seconds. And Yesterday, there were a few...