Windows 10: pop-ups that asks us to accept cookies

Discus and support pop-ups that asks us to accept cookies in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Why is it we almost always are faced with a pop-up that asks us to accept cookies? This started some time ago, but why? It's getting a tad annoying,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by riffwraith, Dec 3, 2020.

1. pop-ups that asks us to accept cookies

Why is it we almost always are faced with a pop-up that asks us to accept cookies? This started some time ago, but why?

It's getting a tad annoying, if I may say so.

:)

riffwraith, Dec 3, 2020

2. accepting msn.com cookies required to use Windows?

Environment: Windows 10 Pro on a standalone business laptop.

Each first login after a feature update to Windows 10 is installed I get a pop-up "welcome to..." that asks me to accept cookies from the website msn.com. Is this by design or is there some hidden adware running on my computer?

On another computer, with all cookies disabled, I checked what msn.com is. It appears to be a kind of online tabloid with gossip and sensation news, like about TV celebraties that got pregnant or crashed their Ferrari. Usually websites like that are loaded
    with tracking cookies etc. so no way I am going to accept them.

The same pop-up appears when I open a new tab in Edge. But I have set Edge to open a new tab with an empty page!

(After every feature update I check if Edge has improved, but favorites management and other ergonomic aspects are still mediocre compared to Internet Explorer, so I'll keep using that.)

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

Willem Weetjewel, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    accepting msn.com cookies required to use Windows?

Hi Willem,

Conflicts with the Sign-in options after an update is one of the possible reasons why you are receiving a messages to accept cookies from the MSN.com website. We suggest that you try the steps below to change the sign-in options in Windows 10:

• Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Scroll down to Privacy and toggle off Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try running your computer in
    clean boot
    . This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 3, 2020
  4. besb Win User

pop-ups that asks us to accept cookies

Pop up asking for views in 10166.

just had a pop-up asking for my view and rating of this build goes to windows feedback.
    gave it a 3 and listed some of my perceived improvements/bugs.
    But please everybody ask for ability to change to colored title bar/text to give it an extra boost whether it"bugs" you or not*092

besb, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

pop-ups that asks us to accept cookies

1. pop-ups that asks us to accept cookies - Similar Threads - pop ups asks

2. Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies: Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAb37fF67tw submitted by /u/RoughCalligrapher906 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1c3hd31/bypass_member_only_sites_disable_pop_ups_for/
  3. Windows sign in pop up asking for number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sign in pop up asking for number: Hello,I was trying to log in to my computer on windows 10 and when I go to log in it won’t let me use my PIN and in fact got rid of it . Also everytime I try to “sign in” on my PC it pulls up a page asking for me to input my phone number which I do and then says to check if...
  4. Windows sign in pop up asking for number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sign in pop up asking for number: Hello,I was trying to log in to my computer on windows 10 and when I go to log in it won’t let me use my PIN and in fact got rid of it . Also everytime I try to “sign in” on my PC it pulls up a page asking for me to input my phone number which I do and then says to check if...
  5. Cookie Not Accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cookie Not Accepted: I am trying to access these pages on an auction site and this is the message I keep getting , I have been into my settings and made sure that the box is un ticked and I have put the web address that they suggest into the allowed websites and I still get that message Cookie...
  6. Cortana Sign-In Pop Up is driving us mad

in Cortana
    Cortana Sign-In Pop Up is driving us mad: Cortana Sign-In Pop Up is driving us mad. Cortana is not installed but every few minutes the window asking my dad to sign into Cortana pops up. He has Windows 10. How can it be stopped?...
  7. Pop up asked me Contact Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up asked me Contact Microsoft: just pop up about Trojan horse tom call Microsoft support at 1-833-618xxxx is this leget. [Original Title: pop up] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pop-up-asked-me-contact-microsoft/2ed5de7b-c0b9-4744-92dd-555672421ba1
  8. Fed up with Cookies....

in Browsers and Email
    Fed up with Cookies....: What's the latest on blocking Cookie notices altogether.... ? 128070
  9. Fed up with Cookies....

in Windows 10 Support
    Fed up with Cookies....: What's the latest on blocking Cookie notices altogether.... ? 128070
  10. Pop up asking for views in 10166.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop up asking for views in 10166.: just had a pop-up asking for my view and rating of this build goes to windows feedback. gave it a 3 and listed some of my perceived improvements/bugs. But please everybody ask for ability to change to colored title bar/text to give it an extra boost whether it"bugs" you or...