Windows 10: pop ups

Discus and support pop ups in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; there is a icon on my task bar that I can't open. but after every 10 seconds a pop up appears about that icon saying "how do you want to open this".... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by raja salmanhassan, Jul 10, 2019.

1. pop ups

there is a icon on my task bar that I can't open. but after every 10 seconds a pop up appears about that icon saying "how do you want to open this".

one time i choose to open it through Firefox. as I choose to open a bunch of pop ups appeared on my browser. and they are increasing continuously. then I had to uninstall my browser. and now that pop up is appearing again

:)

raja salmanhassan, Jul 10, 2019

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Pop up blocker

Hi,

Pop-up blocker helps user to prevent pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.

Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the gear icon at the upper right of the Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under Privacy tab, put a check mark on Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
    • Click OK.
    Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open More (icon with three dots) and select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Turn Block pop-ups to On.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 10, 2019
  4. pop ups

Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

pop ups

1. pop ups - Similar Threads - pop ups

2. i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy dont know what to do: i Have 8.1 I want to turn Defender on keeps popping up change group policy don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-81-i-want-to-turn-defender-on-keeps-popping/6eeea294-abc1-4fd9-bcac-5818673c0329
  3. Windows 10 pop-up ads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pop-up ads: These idiotic ads that are now popping up on Windows 10 are seriously degrading my productivity. They also make Windows an unacceptable vehicle with which to give presentations. Is there any way to get rid of them? Or do we all have to switch to Apple products?...
  4. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  5. Volume bar keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume bar keeps popping up: The volume bar keeps appearing in the top left corner on my laptop screen. It's been happening for a while now and it's really annoying, especially when I'm watching a video and it keeps popping up. Any suggestions on something I might have accidentally enabled/diasbled??...
  6. Error Message Keeps Popping Up Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Message Keeps Popping Up Please help.: I recently installed and uninstalled a thermaltake RGB controller software. After uninstalling, every time I start my pc, an error message pops up explaining that the RGB software was attempted to be started but the file was missing. This kind of thing is really annoying when...
  7. Hi I get this pop up saying it is from Microsoft suport to call them 1-855-401-5808 i think...

Hi I get this pop up saying it is from Microsoft suport to call them 1-855-401-5808 i think...: Is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-get-this-pop-up-saying-it-is-from-microsoft/c80781d6-4ffa-43e7-b66d-5a4c71e18940"
  8. Pop Up

Pop Up: Keep getting pop up saying my bt settings are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up/5549eb14-9ad0-4dfd-ad17-9163af8e1146
  9. Stop UAC from popping up every time I start Everything Search

Stop UAC from popping up every time I start Everything Search: I have Everything Search set to run as Administrator. How can I stop the UAC popup every time I start it without turning off UAC? On a more generic level, how can I tell UAC to allow any specific program to run as Administrator without bothering me with the annoying popup?...
  10. How do I get rid or this pop-up **Microsoft Warning Alert** call +1-844-914-7111 toll free)...

How do I get rid or this pop-up **Microsoft Warning Alert** call +1-844-914-7111 toll free)...: How do I get rid or this pop-up **Microsoft Warning Alert** call +1-844-914-7111 toll free) that says it has locked my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-or-this-pop-up-microsoft-warning/38499744-2d4c-4a96-b7d6-af553cc8da9e