Windows 10: pop ups

Discus and support pop ups in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; there is a icon on my task bar that I can't open. but after every 10 seconds a pop up appears about that icon saying "how do you want to open this".... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by raja salmanhassan, Jul 10, 2019.

1. pop ups

there is a icon on my task bar that I can't open. but after every 10 seconds a pop up appears about that icon saying "how do you want to open this".

one time i choose to open it through Firefox. as I choose to open a bunch of pop ups appeared on my browser. and they are increasing continuously. then I had to uninstall my browser. and now that pop up is appearing again

:)

raja salmanhassan, Jul 10, 2019

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Pop up blocker

Hi,

Pop-up blocker helps user to prevent pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.

Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the gear icon at the upper right of the Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under Privacy tab, put a check mark on Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
    • Click OK.
    Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open More (icon with three dots) and select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Turn Block pop-ups to On.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 10, 2019
  4. pop ups

Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

pop ups

1. pop ups - Similar Threads - pop ups

2. I deleted PUABundler:Win32/MemuPlay but it keeps popping up so what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted PUABundler:Win32/MemuPlay but it keeps popping up so what should I do: So my laptop messaged me that I have two unwanted information and I found three PUABundler:Win32I deleted one and it didn’t pop up again but the other two did so I don’t know what to do...
  3. I deleted PUABundler:Win32/MemuPlay but it keeps popping up so what should I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted PUABundler:Win32/MemuPlay but it keeps popping up so what should I do: So my laptop messaged me that I have two unwanted information and I found three PUABundler:Win32I deleted one and it didn’t pop up again but the other two did so I don’t know what to do...
  4. How can I stop this window from randomly popping up and disappearing immediately?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop this window from randomly popping up and disappearing immediately?: Hello everyone,I was hoping someone could help me stop this thing, it is so frustrating Screenshot hereTried Anti malware scans, but it just doesn't work. tried to go to the directory and found nothing there.Sorry for my terrible writing.Thank you....
  5. How can I stop this window from randomly popping up and disappearing immediately?

How can I stop this window from randomly popping up and disappearing immediately?: Hello everyone,I was hoping someone could help me stop this thing, it is so frustrating Screenshot hereTried Anti malware scans, but it just doesn't work. tried to go to the directory and found nothing there.Sorry for my terrible writing.Thank you....
  6. How can I stop this window from randomly popping up and disappearing immediately?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8
  8. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8
  9. I got a pop up on my screen saying it was blocked and to call a technician on screen to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a pop up on my screen saying it was blocked and to call a technician on screen to fix it: I was watching a movie when I got a pop up saying my pc got blocked and to call a tech to unblock it. I called and during the screening process where they installed a software. I hanged up and knew something was wrong. How do I make sure they haven't hacked into my laptop. I...
  10. I got a pop up on my screen saying it was blocked and to call a technician on screen to fix it

I got a pop up on my screen saying it was blocked and to call a technician on screen to fix it: I was watching a movie when I got a pop up saying my pc got blocked and to call a tech to unblock it. I called and during the screening process where they installed a software. I hanged up and knew something was wrong. How do I make sure they haven't hacked into my laptop. I...