Windows 10: POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

Discus and support POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have seen this question but no answers. This is hard to believe - that microsoft doesn't enable the Mail App to be fully functional for POP3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShawnaJohnson2, Jun 25, 2019.

1. POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

I have seen this question but no answers. This is hard to believe - that microsoft doesn't enable the Mail App to be fully functional for POP3 accounts. I need to be able to set up folders within my email account to organize my work. There is no "+" sign by accounts or mail or folders. There is no setting, no right click to add folder, nothing logical.

How do I add folders to my POP3 email account that I have added to the Mail App in WIndows 10 on my new laptop?!??!!

:)

ShawnaJohnson2, Jun 25, 2019

2. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

I've configured my pop3 account in the Mail app and it gives me error 0x080072af9 when trying to sync for the first time

POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders [​IMG]

marcosdipaolo, Jun 25, 2019
  3. sddjd Win User
    POP3 email account with Outlook & Outlook Connector - Process?

Looking for some guidance/suggestions on procedure.

Scenario:

• ISP-provided, LONG established pop email account
    • Outlook used w/personal folders for contacts, email, calendar
    • Large archives (folders) of saved email (home biz related)

So, there are several questions I have about the "right" way to go about integrating these different aspects (as right as we can be since MS dumped Outlook sync that is...).

Contacts - simple enough to move them over to the Live account's contacts folder and to make only that folder visible as the address book. However, how does one make the Live contacts folder the default location
    targeted if one clicks on an email's sender and chooses "add to Outlook contacts"? Experimentation shows that this still ends up in the .pst's contacts folder. Any way to change this?

Email - First, it is NOT possible to abandon the pop3 account in favor of the .live.com address created. What is the most efficient way to interweave the pop3 mail with the Live inbox folder that's synced with
    the phone? My thoughts are to keep the various saved email folders in the pst and to check the pop3 account using the Live inbox. I know it's possible via the Live mail web interface to add a pop3 account, but how does Live handle pop3 messages in terms
    of leaving them on the server, sending from the pop3 account, etc? Would it be simpler to set up the email account as a separate pop3 account on the phone, leaving the Live sync in charge of contacts and calendar? Finally, if a pop3 account is set up on
    the phone how does it handle messages in terms of deleted on phone, deleted on server, etc?

Any options I'm not thinking of? The fly in the ointment (again, aside from lack of Outlook support) is the absolute necessity of keeping the pop3 address. I'm hoping there's a relatively seamless way to make this email account function.

Thanks for any tips/steps suggested!

sddjd, Jun 25, 2019
  4. SuzanneJT Win User

POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

POP3 Mail Account adding folders

I am having the same problem. I am using the app Mail. I am logged in as a Local account and do not want to log in to computer with a Microsoft account. I am using POP3 email account and can send and receive mail. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADD FOLDERS and
    am very frustrated. This is a brand new computer and not an upgraded version of windows 10.

Should I be able to add folders as a Local Account? ...and if so any more suggestions?

SuzanneJT, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

1. POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders - Similar Threads - POP3 Email Account

2. Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add email account to Windows 10 mail app - error 0x80004005: Really annoying me now. I have 3 accounts which I have been using just fine with the mail app, but a 4th one I had started playing up - a BT Email account. I tried removing and re-adding the account but the Mail app just gives me error 0x80004005 which seems to be the worlds...
  3. I can't add Email account to Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't add Email account to Mail app.: I can't add my Email account to Mail app. Error code: 0x80070490 as the picture below.I've tried 2 times reset window, but nothing changed.I install "Kaspersky Anti-Virus", scan and the result is safe. I found out that if I turn it on , there will be a dialogue as below. If I...
  4. Can't add account to Win10 mail app

Can't add account to Win10 mail app: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 with all updates to version 10.0.19042 build 19042. When I try to add my email account using POP3/IMAP option it gives error code 0x8007139f. I tried setting up the servers in the advanced menu to imap.virginmedia.com incoming and...
  5. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  6. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  7. Can't add new email account to Mail

Can't add new email account to Mail: My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was still able to receive mail and sign in on other devices. So I unlinked the account a planned to re-link it, however now when I...
  8. Can't add account to my Mail app

Can't add account to my Mail app: Whenever I try to add my gmail account to windows' mail app I always get the error 0x8007042b. I already tried reinstalling the app and it still doesn't works. I have another laptop connected to the same network and it's able to sync my email flawlessly but I still can't do...
  9. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

in Browsers and Email
    error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account: I've configured my pop3 account in the Mail app and it gives me error 0x080072af9 when trying to sync for the first time [img] 16147
  10. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...