Windows 10: Popping/Crackling Noises in my headphones when watching videos or playing games, etc.

Discus and support Popping/Crackling Noises in my headphones when watching videos or playing games, etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got back and I get on my PC to find out that when I watch videos or play games I hear a Popping noise or crackling. This is really damn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DillonHartley1, May 7, 2019.

1. Popping/Crackling Noises in my headphones when watching videos or playing games, etc.

I just got back and I get on my PC to find out that when I watch videos or play games I hear a Popping noise or crackling. This is really damn annoying. I have tried the follow as of now:

(1) Running Windows Troubleshooter

(2) Tweaking audio output device settings(lowering sampling rate, disabling all enhancements, disabling exclusive mode)

(3) Updating/Manually changing drivers

(4) System restore(it worked once but the problem came back one week later, then reverting the system back no longer fix the problem)

I dont know whats causing this, because I Have tried both my front jacks and my rear jacks. My headphones work perfectly on my PS4.

Best Regards

:)

DillonHartley1, May 7, 2019

2. Crackle/Popping Sound When Playing Audio + Stuttering Video Games

I just built a PC:

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
    • Intel i7 8700k
    • EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB
    • Corsair RMx Series, RM750x 750w
    • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD
    • Seagate 2 TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz
    • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Not currently OC'd, default specs.

Whenever I play audio (YouTube, foobar, VLC player, video games) I can hear a popping/crackling sound whenever I start or stop it. It's like the small crackle sound you hear when you plug in headphones/speakers. This also happens during playback, although not randomly – it's usually a specific part of the audio/video file that causes the popping. I can even find the particular "pop" spot and replay it.

Additionally, whenever I'm playing a video game I get random frame skips at random intervals. This happens in all my video games – WoW, Subnautica, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3.

Originally I had the ASUS Prime z370-A which I thought to be the issue. But I replaced it with the ROG Strix and I can still hear the popping/crackling and the frame skips still happen.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? This is my first build over $1k and I'm very distressed that I cannot find the problem. Could it be the hard drives? RAM, maybe?

Synchro Theus, May 7, 2019
  3. nokia 5610 with crackle noise when use headphone

hi everybody !!!

i am using nokia 5610 XM,it's realy great music phone but when i listening music with headphone sopmetimes i can hear the crackle noise

but when i play the same song by mp3player with the same headphone i can find the crackle sound

What happend with my phone, may be the sound chip has problem ???

fatrock---01, May 7, 2019
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Popping/Crackling Noises in my headphones when watching videos or playing games, etc.

Crackling noise

Hi,

To better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some questions:

• Is the crackling noise affecting the performance of your computer?
    • Which part of your computer do you hear the crackling noise?

There are many reasons why your computer is having a noise. It can be that your computer's fan or air vent is covered with dust. Cleaning it can help you resolve your concern. It can be that your BIOS is not updated, you can update your BIOS with the help
    of your computer's manufacturer.

We're looking forward to your response.

Micah Bat, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Popping/Crackling Noises in my headphones when watching videos or playing games, etc.

1. Popping/Crackling Noises in my headphones when watching videos or playing games, etc. - Similar Threads - Popping Crackling Noises

2. Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: This thread's purpose is to aid whoever faces and confront a similar hurdle to that which I have encountered. Summary:Briefly, while I was working on my previous laptop Inspiron 15 5584, it has shut down abruptly. The laptop could not be salvaged, it turned out that the...
  3. Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: This thread's purpose is to aid whoever faces and confront a similar hurdle to that which I have encountered. Summary:Briefly, while I was working on my previous laptop Inspiron 15 5584, it has shut down abruptly. The laptop could not be salvaged, it turned out that the...
  4. Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Weird Crackling/Popping noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Crackling/Popping noise: when i try to play any audio on my Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5, it makes a weird crackling/popping noise (i only have 1 audio device in settings) submitted by /u/King_Savage_276 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f23l/weird_cracklingpopping_noise/
  6. Snap Crackle Pop Hum noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap Crackle Pop Hum noise: My 2016 refurbished HP ENVY m7 Notebook recently (< 3 weeks) started making odd noises. (Win 10 Home v1909 then v2004) When I power it on, between POST and power-on password, it will do a loud click with sometimes a bit of a hum. Does the same when waking from sleep. Will...
  7. Insistent popping/clicking noise when watching video or listening to audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Insistent popping/clicking noise when watching video or listening to audio: Hi, I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop with Windows 10. The computer has an i7 processor, 16GB RAM, a solid state drive, and a dedicated graphics card with 6GB memory. When I watch videos or listen to music, there is an insistent popping/clicking sound that happens. I...
  8. Audio Crackling when extended gaming or video watching.

Audio Crackling when extended gaming or video watching.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Soar777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhpjvg/audio_crackling_when_extended_gaming_or_video/
  9. Desktop lagging and audio popping / crackling when playing games

Desktop lagging and audio popping / crackling when playing games: This is happening to me a lot in a game called Hell Let Loose. I’ve tried asking for help over there but have gotten no response. When there’s a lot of action going on the sound becomes so unbearable I have to take my headset off because it hurts my ears. It almost turns into...
  10. BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.: Hey all. I've been getting bsod's mainly when I am playing League of Legends, or any other game really. It's been ongoing for about 2 months now. These past couple weeks have been very bad, happening every day. It's inconsistent as well, I could play for hours and nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crackling noise when watching video

2. crackling noise in videos