Windows 10: Popping/crackling sound when sudden volume changes.

Discus and support Popping/crackling sound when sudden volume changes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've posted this now on multiple forums and subreddits and found no help, so anything you can give me is appreciated. I have a strange popping sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FreezingNipple, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Popping/crackling sound when sudden volume changes.

I've posted this now on multiple forums and subreddits and found no help, so anything you can give me is appreciated.

I have a strange popping sound happening when I pause/unpause a video and when sudden volume changes such as when people are talking in videos/streams, it also happens when I move volume sliders. This happens in all applications and all audio devices I have (USB wireless and 3.5mm jack, speakers/headphones). Here is a video with the exact same sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=wVp-Lykp6gA , as in the video it's especially strange as clicking the headphones slider doesn't cause the problem, but clicking the system sounds slider does. Here is another example https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=ax16tqLVSSQ and another https://streamable.com/j2vrh. I've googled as much as I could and while I've found a couple of similar cases, none have fixes.

Specs:

Windows 10

i5-2500k and i5-7600k

Gigabyte Z270x and Z68P-UD4

16gb 2600mhz ddr4 and 8gb ddr3

Gigabyte 1080ti

2x Corsair TX750 7 year old version and brand new one

I've tried:

Updating Bios

Resetting windows and reinstalling windows.

Uninstalling/reinstalling audio drivers, GPU drivers.

Peace equlizer

Changing motherboards, ram and CPU, HDD and PSU.

Removing GPU

Unplugging all USB devices

Unplugging monitors/changing to motherboard output

Changing power management options

Changing all available settings for audio devices in Playback>properties

Changing wall socket and extension.

I'm pretty desperate to fix this at this point so any help would be great, thank you.

Tagging /u/sailingstars as he/she has the same issue.

submitted by /u/FreezingNipple
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FreezingNipple, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Jake327 Win User

Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers

Issues with my lenovo ideapad 330s Laptop:

• Crackling speakers sometimes they are silent or in other cases they stay quiet no matter the volume.
    • Crackling in earbuds
    • cannot change sound frequency (grayed out)
    Note: The speakers were fine when i got it but after I reset windows theyve started crackling. Ive tried fixing my crackling speakers by:

• uninstalling/reinstalling device drivers
    • reinstalling windows
    • creating new accounts
    • disabling every driver one at a time to see if that changes anything
    • checking internal cabling to make sure no wires are touching
    I still have yet to try changing sound frequency because its grayed out

PS: nothing important is on the computer i dont mind losing anything.

Help would very much be appreciated.

Jake327, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Crackling/Popping sounds on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting crackling sound while playing back music in Windows.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Let’s run the audio playback troubleshooter and check if that helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Click on the search icon below and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Then click on the Troubleshooting on the top of the Window.
    • Under hardware and sound, click or tap troubleshoot audio play back.

Method 2:

Download and install the drivers in Windows compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Popping/crackling sound when sudden volume changes.

Sound Crackles

NGB5, there are several possible causes, so this cure probably won't work for you. But it worked for me.

I had a crackling sound because my speakers were too high. By raising the volume through the Windows software, and lowering the volume by turning the knob on the back of the speaker, I got the same volume without the crackling.

Vince Massi, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Popping/crackling sound when sudden volume changes.

1. Popping/crackling sound when sudden volume changes. - Similar Threads - Popping crackling sound

2. Audio crackling/popping sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio crackling/popping sounds.: Hello there,Recently I've noticed that my Windows 11 was having some audio issues, especially when audio started/stopped playing you would hear a pop sound, or especially when changing audio levels, either from the windows volume or any app volume slider, you can hear some...
  3. Audio crackling/popping sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio crackling/popping sounds.: Hello there,Recently I've noticed that my Windows 11 was having some audio issues, especially when audio started/stopped playing you would hear a pop sound, or especially when changing audio levels, either from the windows volume or any app volume slider, you can hear some...
  4. Sound Crackling/Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Crackling/Popping: I finally changed my Win7 to Win10 after few years because my friend convinced me. Now all of a sudden i got crackling issues with my audio since the first day i installed it, it comes and goes. YouTube everything! It drives me insane. I tried reinstalling drivers, I even...
  5. Sound is crackling randomly and at volum change

Sound is crackling randomly and at volum change: Hi, i have the very annoying problem that my sound crackles when im changing volum or even hitting the first note on my midikeyboard. I just rebuild my pc with new gpu, usb card and case and 2 new ssd. Windows is also fresh for the second time. I got a sounblaster z, a...
  6. Popping, crackling sound

Popping, crackling sound: I have a Razer Kraken Kitty - Quartz, it's been working fine but recently I hear popping or crackling sounds coming from my headset. My headset is fine when I plug it into other devices so it is not my headset problem. It uses a USB port, when I unplug it and plug it into...
  7. Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come: Dear all, I am facing an annoying problem I think since I have update my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004. I have the sound off, most of the time, and theres an crackling sound when a notification comes, (eg. email notification). This only happens when my laptop is connected...
  8. Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come

Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come: Dear all, I am facing an annoying problem I think since I have update my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004. I have the sound off, most of the time, and theres an crackling sound when a notification comes, (eg. email notification). This only happens when my laptop is connected...
  9. Sound Popping/Crackling

Sound Popping/Crackling: Over the past few days my laptop sound has been crackling and popping both through the speakers and headphone jack. I tried all the methods I could find of reinstalling drivers and messing with the sound control panel settings. Does anyone know why this happened? I have a...
  10. Audio crackling/popping when changing volume - tried everything

Audio crackling/popping when changing volume - tried everything: I've been having this annoying issue where I get crackling/popping in my headphones when I adjust the volume in windows 10. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried: - updating my realtek audio drivers, trying an older driver, trying a generic realtek driver. -...