Windows 10: Popping, crackling sound

Discus and support Popping, crackling sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Razer Kraken Kitty - Quartz, it's been working fine but recently I hear popping or crackling sounds coming from my headset. My headset is fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Forever_lasting, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Popping, crackling sound

I have a Razer Kraken Kitty - Quartz, it's been working fine but recently I hear popping or crackling sounds coming from my headset. My headset is fine when I plug it into other devices so it is not my headset problem. It uses a USB port, when I unplug it and plug it into another USB port the crackling/popping sound is gone for a little bit, and then it comes back. When I use another pair of headphones that use the 3mm jack the audio is also fine. Also sometimes my audio suddenly makes a loud static sound for no reason scaring the crap out of me. I've tried almost everything but it doesn't get better, disabling exclusive mode and changing the sound format. I checked my drivers in device manager and all drivers were the latest version. I also didn't need to adjust the minimum processor state.

submitted by /u/Forever_lasting
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Forever_lasting, Jan 10, 2021

2. Crackling/Popping sounds on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting crackling sound while playing back music in Windows.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Let’s run the audio playback troubleshooter and check if that helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Click on the search icon below and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Then click on the Troubleshooting on the top of the Window.
    • Under hardware and sound, click or tap troubleshoot audio play back.

Method 2:

Download and install the drivers in Windows compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 10, 2021
  3. E-Berger Win User
    Sound Popping/Crackling

Over the past few days my laptop sound has been crackling and popping both through the speakers and headphone jack. I tried all the methods I could find of reinstalling drivers and messing with the sound control panel settings. Does anyone know why this
    happened? I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming.

E-Berger, Jan 10, 2021
  4. John DeV Win User

Popping, crackling sound

Sound Popping/Crackling

Hello E-Berger,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I realized you're upset and I understand you're having problem with your sound popping/crackling issue. Did you made some changes to your computer?

Kindly perform the compiled methods to fix your sound issues.

UPDATE AUDIO DRIVER

Press Windows+X

Select Device Manager

In the Device Manager, click on the arrow next to ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ to expand it.

Right-click on your audio driver and select Update driver. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver. Once updated, restart your PC. Hopefully, the audio is restored on your PC.

ROLL BACK DRIVER

Press Windows+X

Select Device Manager

In the Device Manager, click on the arrow next to ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ to expand it.

Right-click on your audio driver and select Properties. Go to the Driver tab and choose Roll Back Driver. Complete the process using the on-screen instructions.

restart your PC

UNINSTALL DRIVER

Press Windows+X

Select Device Manager

Right-click on your audio driver and select Uninstall device. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the driver. Once uninstall, restart your PC. Check whether the realtek comeback in Device Manager. Test the sound again.

TROUBLESHOOT SOUND

Method 1: From Sound Icon

Right-click on the Speaker/Headphone icon in the taskbar of your PC. Select Troubleshoot sound problems. The troubleshooting process will begin.

Method 2: From Settings

If for some reason, the ‘Troubleshoot sound problems’ option isn’t available in the taskbar, you can start it from settings too. For that, follow these steps:

Step 1: Open Windows settings from Start Menu or press Windows + I shortcut.

Step 2: Click on Update & Security followed by Troubleshoot in the left panel.

Step 3: Under Troubleshoot, click on Playing Audio in the right panel. Then hit the Run the troubleshooter button.

Method 3: From Search

Click on the search icon in your taskbar and type troubleshoot. Click on the Troubleshoot settings option. That will directly take you to the troubleshooting window. Click on Playing Audio and hit the Run the troubleshooter button.

CHECK DEFAULT SPEAKER

If you have multiple speakers, you need to set the one that you are using as the default one. Sometimes, after updating Windows, this setting changes, resulting in no sound. To fix it, follow these steps:

Step 1: Search for Control Panel using the search option in the taskbar.

Step 2: In Control Panel, click on Sound.

Step 3: Under the Playback tab, make sure your speakers are set as default. A green tick on them indicates that they are the default. If they aren’t, click on it once and select Set Default at the bottom.

You make check the below article to fix your Sound Issues.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/452028...

How to Fix Crackling or Popping Sound on a Windows PC

https://www.howtogeek.com/285429/how-to-fix-cra...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

John DeV, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Popping, crackling sound

1. Popping, crackling sound - Similar Threads - Popping crackling sound

2. Audio crackling/popping sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio crackling/popping sounds.: Hello there,Recently I've noticed that my Windows 11 was having some audio issues, especially when audio started/stopped playing you would hear a pop sound, or especially when changing audio levels, either from the windows volume or any app volume slider, you can hear some...
  3. Audio crackling/popping sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio crackling/popping sounds.: Hello there,Recently I've noticed that my Windows 11 was having some audio issues, especially when audio started/stopped playing you would hear a pop sound, or especially when changing audio levels, either from the windows volume or any app volume slider, you can hear some...
  4. Popping/Crackling Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping/Crackling Sound Issue: Hi everyone. I've been dealing with the crackling issue for the last 6 months. I haven't found any solution yet. This is starting to drive me crazy. When I play a game or listen to music, a crackling sound suddenly starts to bother me. If you guys can help me solving this...
  5. Popping/Crackling Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popping/Crackling Sound Issue: Hi everyone. I've been dealing with the crackling issue for the last 6 months. I haven't found any solution yet. This is starting to drive me crazy. When I play a game or listen to music, a crackling sound suddenly starts to bother me. If you guys can help me solving this...
  6. Sound Crackling/Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Crackling/Popping: I finally changed my Win7 to Win10 after few years because my friend convinced me. Now all of a sudden i got crackling issues with my audio since the first day i installed it, it comes and goes. YouTube everything! It drives me insane. I tried reinstalling drivers, I even...
  7. Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Popping and Crackling Sounds when notifications come: Dear all, I am facing an annoying problem I think since I have update my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004. I have the sound off, most of the time, and theres an crackling sound when a notification comes, (eg. email notification). This only happens when my laptop is connected...
  8. Dolby Atmos Popping/Crackling Sound

Dolby Atmos Popping/Crackling Sound: I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this before and knows a solution? Whenever I have Dolby Atmos surround sound enabled, there is a popping/crackling sound when my computer is loading something. For example, when I click on a video, the first few seconds of it are...
  9. Audio Popping and Crackling Sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Popping and Crackling Sounds: Ive seen other posts on this subject, but they are now archived or else i would have gone and commented on those, and despite their age, this issue still persists for myself and probably many others. I first noticed this while playing Fallout 4 recently, with a true...
  10. Sound Popping/Crackling

Sound Popping/Crackling: Over the past few days my laptop sound has been crackling and popping both through the speakers and headphone jack. I tried all the methods I could find of reinstalling drivers and messing with the sound control panel settings. Does anyone know why this happened? I have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Razer kitty kraken popping on max sound