Windows 10: Popping sound on boot - Laptop

Discus and support Popping sound on boot - Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I own a Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS. There seems to be a popping sound on boot, and it doesn't happen if the speakers are muted and I reboot. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by osly, Mar 17, 2019.

1. osly Win User

Popping sound on boot - Laptop

I own a Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS.

There seems to be a popping sound on boot, and it doesn't happen if the speakers are muted and I reboot. Is this normal, and will it damage the laptop? I sometimes forget to mute the speakers before a reboot or shutdown of the laptop, so... Any help is appreciated!

:)

2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Popping sound on boot - Laptop :p

cadaveca, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Buzzing sound from laptop

Hi Feview,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Uninstall the audio driver and install the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue still persists.

SujataMoktan, Mar 17, 2019
  4. poganyg Win User

Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Popping sound on boot - Laptop - Similar Threads - Popping sound boot

2. popping sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    popping sound: my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popping-sound/86aa61a9-903c-4098-bc3b-978f60ecf7da
  3. popping sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    popping sound: my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popping-sound/86aa61a9-903c-4098-bc3b-978f60ecf7da
  4. Laptop crashing and rebooting with popping sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing and rebooting with popping sound: Today I was playing Team Fortress 2 on my laptop when it suddenly crashed with a blue screen and a popping noise coming from inside of the computer it couldn't have been the speakers as I had headphones on, also I couldn't see what the blue screen said as it rebooted near...
  5. Laptop crashing and rebooting with popping sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashing and rebooting with popping sound: Today I was playing Team Fortress 2 on my laptop when it suddenly crashed with a blue screen and a popping noise coming from inside of the computer it couldn't have been the speakers as I had headphones on, also I couldn't see what the blue screen said as it rebooted near...
  6. Sound Crackling/Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Crackling/Popping: I finally changed my Win7 to Win10 after few years because my friend convinced me. Now all of a sudden i got crackling issues with my audio since the first day i installed it, it comes and goes. YouTube everything! It drives me insane. I tried reinstalling drivers, I even...
  7. Sound popping problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound popping problem: After few hours of using my pc. The sound starts crackling and poping. It will stop after I restart the pc. I never had this issue before. After I reinstalled windows it started happening (If its the case, I installed windows on a new m2 ssd). I have installed windows many...
  8. sound popping

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound popping: Hello, i recently upgraded from a Windows XP operating system to a Dell Optiplex 3040 with Windows 10 Pro. I re-used my old Cambridge Soundworks speakers and bass. I also upgraded to a Dell U3415W monitor a little later. After installing the new monitor, i get audio...
  9. Popping sound on laptop boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Popping sound on laptop boot up: I own a Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS. There seems to be a popping sound on boot, and it doesn't happen if the speakers are muted and I reboot. Is this normal, and will it damage the laptop? I sometimes forget to mute the speakers before a reboot or shutdown of the laptop,...
  10. Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones): Hello all, I don't usually post in these forums, but the problem I have is driving me absolutely crazy, and I don't have the luxury to drop off my laptop at a repair place for 1+ week. The problem is basically what I said in the title. I'm using an Asus Q525, Windows 10,...