Windows 10: Popping sound on laptop boot up

Discus and support Popping sound on laptop boot up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I own a Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS. There seems to be a popping sound on boot, and it doesn't happen if the speakers are muted and I reboot. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by osly2081, Mar 17, 2019.

1. osly2081 Win User

Popping sound on laptop boot up

I own a Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS.

There seems to be a popping sound on boot, and it doesn't happen if the speakers are muted and I reboot. Is this normal, and will it damage the laptop? I sometimes forget to mute the speakers before a reboot or shutdown of the laptop, so this "popping" sound plays. It seems to vary with the speaker volume I have set, but this has not been tested. Any help is appreciated!

:)

osly2081, Mar 17, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Popping sound on laptop boot up :p

cadaveca, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Buzzing sound from laptop

Hi Feview,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Uninstall the audio driver and install the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue still persists.

SujataMoktan, Mar 17, 2019
  4. poganyg Win User

Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Popping sound on laptop boot up - Similar Threads - Popping sound laptop

2. Notification Sound But No Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Sound But No Pop-up: Recently I noticed that there's something wrong with my notifications. I can hear the notification sound but there is no pop-up displayed. Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. Notification Sound But No Pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Sound But No Pop-up: Recently I noticed that there's something wrong with my notifications. I can hear the notification sound but there is no pop-up displayed. Any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop Up After Booting: When I boot my computer, at start up, there is a pop up asking to select an application to run software before I click on any application after signing in. It happens on each boot. It looks like it's trying to run a C++ or VCPP file... How do I stop this application from...
  5. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop Up After Booting: When I boot my computer, at start up, there is a pop up asking to select an application to run software before I click on any application after signing in. It happens on each boot. It looks like it's trying to run a C++ or VCPP file... How do I stop this application from...
  6. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cmd pop up on boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd pop up on boot.: Today upon booting my pc, I noticed a cmd window pop up and close with a split second. Any cause for concern? I checked the services and couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary (to my eyes at least). Thanks for any help! submitted by /u/Pmonkeyfn [link] [comments]...
  8. On-screen keyboard pops up when my laptop boots up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On-screen keyboard pops up when my laptop boots up.: When my laptop boots up, the on-screen keyboard shows up. The on-screen keyboard also shows up when I allow programs to make changes to my computer (after the prompt goes away). How could I disable this? Ive tried turning it off in ease of access but it didnt help. Thanks!...
  9. Sound change pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound change pop up: there is always this giant pop up whenever i go to change the sound. How can i turn this off.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-change-pop-up/33060786-8b19-47ea-8caf-3b92e73803bf
  10. Popping sound on boot - Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Popping sound on boot - Laptop: I own a Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS. There seems to be a popping sound on boot, and it doesn't happen if the speakers are muted and I reboot. Is this normal, and will it damage the laptop? I sometimes forget to mute the speakers before a reboot or shutdown of the laptop,...