Windows 10: Popping speakers after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Popping speakers after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just did an update and ever since, the speakers in my system are making a repeated popping noise. This is the same noise they always make when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jack2343, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Jack2343 Win User

Popping speakers after Windows 10 update

I just did an update and ever since, the speakers in my system are making a repeated popping noise. This is the same noise they always make when the system is first booted up which you are probably familiar with. But normally they make that sound only once on restart and never again. Now it won't stop. The noise persists even when I have turned audio to mute on the taskbar.

:)

Jack2343, Oct 9, 2019
  2. poganyg Win User

Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Oct 9, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Popping speakers after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Popping speakers update

2. Keyboard and speaker problem after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and speaker problem after windows 10 update: Qweruipo and 6 keys are not working after windows 10 pro kb5006670 and windows kb5005539 update. Even speaker conexant smart audio volume automatically decreases after this update. What to do?...
  3. Speakers gone after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers gone after Windows 10 update: My Lenovo desktop lost sound after the February update to Windows. There isn't an output device to choose from in the settings. No Sound, Video and Games Controllers or Audio Inputs/Outputs in the device manager. They do not show up when I try to "Show Hidden Devices". I've...
  4. Pop-up after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-up after Windows 10 update: Hi all, I've been getting the following popup since my last Windows 10 update. I've googled around to see if I can resolve it to no avail. It's really causing me issues, as I'm working from home in healthcare and it's been extremely unprofessional to deal with loud popups...
  5. Speakers not working after Windows 10 update

Speakers not working after Windows 10 update: OS : WIndows 10 Date of update : 12 Jan 2021 Issue post update : No audio despite repeated troubleshooting, driver reinstallation and restarts. Please help!...
  6. Speakers pops periodically

Speakers pops periodically: System: Windows10 Version 20H2 Battery or AC: Both Model: UX330UA Frequency of occurrence: After each playing sound Reset OS: Many times, Also delete driver an re-install it ======================== Detailed description It is some days that when I change the volume on my...
  7. USB speaker not working with Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB speaker not working with Windows 10 after update: I recently installed the new Windows 10 update on my laptop, and ever since then, my laptop stopped playing the audio through my Bose Revolve Plus speaker when plugged into the USB port. All USB ports work fine, my speaker even makes a sound and starts charging when I plug...
  8. speaker problems after Windows 10 update

speaker problems after Windows 10 update: After a W10 update two days ago I lost my ability to send/receive Outlook 2010 mail, speakers won't play, and my computer won't recognize my Garmin handheld GPS unit. After spending about 8 hours trying to address these issues I give up....
  9. Speaker doesn't work after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker doesn't work after windows 10 update: Hello, After the recent update my speaker doesn't work any more: it connects to the PC, but there is no sound coming out when a video\music is played. The same happens when I connect via Bluetooth or AUX. The speaker works fine when it is connected to the phone. I checked...
  10. Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Windows 10 popping sound in speakers: I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago and ever since, I've been getting a random popping noise in my speakers. It's driving me mad! I have tried everything I can think of. I've updated my drivers and my Bios. (From HP site) I've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio...