Windows 10: Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows

Discus and support Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you consider that Photoshop is too difficult and MS Paint is too simple to work, you might want to try Paint.NET, a powerful and free image editor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 6, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows

If you consider that Photoshop is too difficult and MS Paint is too simple to work, you might want to try Paint.NET, a powerful and free image editor for Windows developed on the .NET Framework platform.

Earlier this year, the developer of the Paint.NET app published the app in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 and today the image editor is getting a big update. The update is available for the Win32 app and the Microsoft Store version.

Paint.NET 4.1 comes with a bunch of new features and a series of fixes to improve the overall user experience.

First and foremost, if you’re using the Paint.NET Microsoft Store edition, you will receive the update in the coming days. For those who use the classic Win32 app, you can open the Paint.NET app and navigate to Settings -> Updates and manually check for updates.

“This update converts some effects to use the GPU for rendering, resulting in huge performance gains. Copy/Paste can now be performed on selections, Bicubic resampling is now available for the Move Selected Pixels tool, and there are lots of little quality-of-life improvements and general bug fixes,” the developer writes in a blog post while announcing the update.

You can find the changelog below:

• GPU-powered Effects: The developers have rewritten the effects to use Direct2D’s image processing system. In simple words, you will notice performance improvements while implementing the effects.
    • Copy/Paste for Selections. You can now copy the active selection to the clipboard, as well as paste from the clipboard to the active selection (all selection combine modes are supported).
    • Bicubic resampling for the Move Selected Pixels tool. This can produce much higher quality results than Bilinear resampling.
    • New +/- buttons for Tolerance and Hardness. This is a great quality-of-life improvement, especially for the Magic Wand when you’re trying to find just the right value for Tolerance.

If you’re interested, you can download the Paint.NET app from here. The Microsoft Store edition of Paint.NET is available here.

The post Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 6, 2018

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows

Paint editor help

I'm using microsoft paint. I'm trying to get a photo editor to make the photos look better. I keep trying all the free photo editors and still can't get photos to look like they are.

KathleenHarney, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows

1. Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows - Similar Threads - Popular free photo

2. How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd...: How do I get my photo editor back? The last update "replaced" the photo editor that I'd been using with a bag of junk that is unusable. I'm dead in the water....
  3. I want a photo editor that's 100% free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want a photo editor that's 100% free: Here is another question. I was looking for a good phot editor that also does frames, and retro style pictures. I want one that is 100% free, NO IN APP Purchases. I tried downloading one from the web, and nowit can't be removed from my PC I've asked about this in a separate...
  4. I want a photo editor that's 100% free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want a photo editor that's 100% free: Here is another question. I was looking for a good phot editor that also does frames, and retro style pictures. I want one that is 100% free, NO IN APP Purchases. I tried downloading one from the web, and nowit can't be removed from my PC I've asked about this in a separate...
  5. Looking for a free photo editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a free photo editor: Hi,I'm looking for a free photo editor that won't trick me into getting pro. I've tried Gimp, but it doesn't give the optionto convert to JPG files. I have the free photoshop, but it's also limited in its editing features. I need a simple, yet full featured editorthat can...
  6. Looking for a free photo editor

Looking for a free photo editor: Hi,I'm looking for a free photo editor that won't trick me into getting pro. I've tried Gimp, but it doesn't give the optionto convert to JPG files. I have the free photoshop, but it's also limited in its editing features. I need a simple, yet full featured editorthat can...
  7. windows photo editor

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows photo editor: the editor is referenced online as a tool to edit photos. I have Windows 10 & cannot find it on my PC. Went to Microsoft website to download. The site is so confusing I cannot find a Microsoft brand photo editor. If none exists why don't you just say so?...
  8. Windows Photo Editor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Photo Editor: Every time Windows10 updates I lose the Enhance button on Photo Editor! Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-editor/d2b41874-b5e4-49d4-b4a8-9100116c881e
  9. free document editor

free document editor: Can you please recommend a free basic editor for documents that I can scan and edit, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Thanks
  10. Paint editor help

Paint editor help: I'm using windows 10 hp stream notebook and I want to know how to use paint to edit a photo. I have been trying to use it and nothing is happening Moved from: Office / Office 365 for admins / Microsoft Teams / Office 365 for business...