Windows 10: Populate Explorer's "Network" quick access tab with available box..

Discus and support Populate Explorer's "Network" quick access tab with available box.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Per recent thread, Network names are diffent? Solved - Windows 10 Forums, I've discovered, was shown, that selecting Explorer's quick access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fatkatie, Dec 15, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

Populate Explorer's "Network" quick access tab with available box..

Per recent thread,

Network names are diffent? Solved - Windows 10 Forums,

I've discovered, was shown, that selecting Explorer's quick access "Network" link won't necessarily
    show all private networked boxes out there (some boxes DO show all resources - but this may be a cached
    thing).

In my case I had to enter \\S1 and enter "network credentials" to get
    \\S1 to show in the "Network" quick access listing. (Note, the logged in user wishing to
    view \\S1 HAS an account on \\S1, the box which did not, by default, show up in Explorer.
    The passwords are not the same but I can change that... if it would do any good.)

How do I setup client boxes to populate this "Network" quick access area at
    login time? And, aside, just what is/are official" network credentials"?
    I am assuming they are accounts/passwords residing on that networked box you want
    to access; in this case S1.

I'm planning to visit each client and install one, ONE, login time script (batch, vb, powershell, perl ...
    whatever). This visibility is one thing I wish to address.

All boxes are W10P64. This is a private network.

Thank you.

:)

fatkatie, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

Have just done Windows 10 update from 8.1 - very smooth well done MS!

Have encountered one small problem. In Windows Explorer have discovered "Quick Access" list. Clicking on one folder gives pop-up box "Location is not available" . Displays path which does not exist plus some suggestions as to what might have happened. If
    I right click on folder in list and select "Remove from Quick Access" nothing happens.

How do I get rid of this folder from the list?

Adagio-of-Wight, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Populate Explorer's "Network" quick access tab with available box..

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Populate Explorer's "Network" quick access tab with available box..

1. Populate Explorer's "Network" quick access tab with available box.. - Similar Threads - Populate Explorer's Network

2. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  3. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  4. Windows explorer tabs - not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer tabs - not available: I have the latest update but explorer tabs are not available. Also I tried to install independently update KB5019509 but while installing, it says this update is not for my computer. I do not understand. Recently I have paid and upgraded to windows pro also. Yet the same...
  5. Windows explorer tabs - not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer tabs - not available: I have the latest update but explorer tabs are not available. Also I tried to install independently update KB5019509 but while installing, it says this update is not for my computer. I do not understand. Recently I have paid and upgraded to windows pro also. Yet the same...
  6. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  7. Cannot unpin Quick access network file share that is no longer available from File Explorer

Cannot unpin Quick access network file share that is no longer available from File Explorer: I have some network file shares that I pinned to my Quick Access area in File Explorer. The shares are no longer accessible because the machine that hosted them is gone unplanned. I'm trying to remove them from Quick Access, but when I right click to try to select the...
  8. Duplicate Quick access tabs

Duplicate Quick access tabs: [ATTACH]Recently i have had alot of issues with a random second quick access tab popping up under file explorer, whilst i admit i have made alot of changes to windows for personalization reasons, this seems to have only started since the new update when the new search bar was...
  9. Go to Explorer Quick Access

Go to Explorer Quick Access: How to I navigate to Quick Access in Windows Explorer without having close and reopen the window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-to-explorer-quick-access/0df06764-59bb-47e3-8591-086365c10f52"
  10. Quick Access populating issue win Windows 10

Quick Access populating issue win Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know... seems that Quick Access is not auto populating like it did in Win 7. I can manually add shortcuts but it doesn't seem to add automatically. I have checked the setting in View; Options; View. I even reset defaults. Any thoughts? MartyK47...