Windows 10: Populating new PC with AutoRoute

Discus and support Populating new PC with AutoRoute in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; An existing Windows7 PC has been replaced with one having Windows 10. The current task is to copy over user data and reload the programs from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trolleybus, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Populating new PC with AutoRoute

An existing Windows7 PC has been replaced with one having Windows 10. The current task is to copy over user data and reload the programs from the original CDs. Time consuming but achievable until we get to AutoRoute 2011 when an error message appears stating the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable is required. Helpfully the required component can be installed by clicking OK. Fine except the Setup reports that one of the prerequisite components failed to install and therefore the setup command is terminating.

Now it is still possible to download AutoRoute 2013 in trial mode for 14 days without a hitch with that version working just fine for the 14 day trial period. Unfortunately this software was "discontinued" by Microsoft at the end of last year and it now [October 2015] appears to be quite impossible to buy an activation code to continue to use the installed software.

It was thought that Google Maps would be a suitable replacement for AutoRoute but Google maps is simply not suitable, 'out of the box', to compute routing and mileage for HGVs. Whether it is adaptable for this task is unknown so we would really like to continue to use AutoRoute which suits our needs 100% to provide what is needed up to 40 times a day.

Until this single issue has a solution, then for many of the PCs in use in our Company, they cannot be upgraded to Windows 10 however desirable this maybe. Whatever the reasons were for Microsoft to discontinue AutoRoute, it does seem rather odd that punters with cash in hand cannot buy a licence for software that suits their needs.

Thoughts from forum members on this matter welcomed, even more so if you have an AutoRoute licence that we could purchase.

David Bradley

:)

trolleybus, Oct 28, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Autoroute 2010 just stopped working on Windows10.

Microsoft AutoRoute was discontinued on December 31, 2014. For this reason, Microsoft has not tested Autoroute on Windows 10 and has not updated Autoroute to keep up with the changes to Windows. As a result, it was only a matter of time before Autoroute
    stopped working properly (or at all.)

Autoroute has been replaced by Bing Maps.

BulldogXX, Oct 28, 2015
  3. will ms autoroute 2013 work on windows 10

Hi,

Check with Autoroute Support and Forum.

Autoroute - Support

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/autoroute/support.aspx

Support for MapPoint, Streets & Trips, and AutoRoute

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/851

Autoroute

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/autoroute/home.aspx

AutoRoute, Streets and Trips, MapPoint - Forum

Microsoft forums - AutoRoute, Streets and Trips, MapPoint

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 28, 2015
  4. maltaron Win User

Populating new PC with AutoRoute

I had a similar problem, only mine was a registry entry problem. I solved it by right clicking on the program in the start menu, then "Run as administrator" it runs fine.

maltaron, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

Populating new PC with AutoRoute

1. Populating new PC with AutoRoute - Similar Threads - Populating AutoRoute

2. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: I am unable to choose the destination or name the file. It just defaults to Microsoft print to PDF as name and saves on desktop. It overwrites any previous file....
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF not populating the filename: I am unable to choose the destination or name the file. It just defaults to Microsoft print to PDF as name and saves on desktop. It overwrites any previous file....
  4. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...: Why now it automatically reflects the search results as I type see first image.As I recall, the behavior of the file explorer has changed. Previously, it wouldn't start searching until I pressed enter after typing the search text in the search box. Additionally, I remember it...
  5. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...: Why now it automatically reflects the search results as I type see first image.As I recall, the behavior of the file explorer has changed. Previously, it wouldn't start searching until I pressed enter after typing the search text in the search box. Additionally, I remember it...
  6. Why when I do a search in file explroer, the files are not populating below the search...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.: Hi, there's been a mysterious two way arrows in a circle where it looks like a network connection/network traffic icon appears on the system tray win 10 and the number of it increases as long as the pc is on, does anyone know what the icon means, also it disappears once I...
  8. Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.

Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.: Hi, there's been a mysterious two two way arrows in a circle where it looks like a network connection/network traffic icon appears on the system tray win 10 and the number of it increases as long as the pc is on, does anyone know what the icon means, also it disappears once I...
  9. Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.: Hi, there's been a mysterious icon appears on the system tray win 10 and the number of it increases as long as the pc is on, does anyone know what the icon means, also it disappears once I hover the mouse pointer on it, couldn't find any anomalies on task manager as well, any...
  10. After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on...: After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on disabling it keeping the proxy settings , the disable do not reciprocates in user VM....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2011 streets & trips will not insrall to window 10 1809