Windows 10: Popup asking me to allow update to a supported version of Win 10.

Discus and support Popup asking me to allow update to a supported version of Win 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is this for real or a virus.. never had it ask if I would allow update to supported win10 version.. now its getting down to the nitty gritty told me it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tommytx, Aug 29, 2019.

1. tommytx Win User

Popup asking me to allow update to a supported version of Win 10.

Is this for real or a virus.. never had it ask if I would allow update to supported win10 version.. now its getting down to the nitty gritty told me it would update in 1 hour.... should I allow it... sounds like next time its not gonna even ask.. has anyone seen this?
    Win 10 operating system..PC.

:)

tommytx, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 29, 2019
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Popup asking me to allow update to a supported version of Win 10.

WIn 10 Update

Hi,

thanks for your help and assistance. So far I have tried two solutions, which are the firs two steps in the process withno success. This are the logs I get form WIn 10 update:

1) There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024a105).

2) There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 - Error 0x80240fff

I tried to run the WIn 10 Update troubleshooter but it didn't fix the error. Then I tried to reinstall the last KB Update, (the one previous to version 1703) it did the reinstall process, but then failed to Update to version 1703 again.

Next step the forum advises is the following:

Important

These are advanced steps. If you’re not comfortable using a command line tool, ask a friend who is comfortable to help you, or consider skipping this step.

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, right click the Windows button, and then select
      Command Prompt (Admin). If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
      Allow or Yes.
    • Type the following command, and then press Enter.

Note

It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

Should I try it or should I look for a different solution?

Thank you very much for your attention.

P.

Pierfrancesco M., Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Popup asking me to allow update to a supported version of Win 10.

1. Popup asking me to allow update to a supported version of Win 10. - Similar Threads - Popup asking allow

2. Popup asking me to allow update to a supported version of Win 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Popup asking me to allow update to a supported version of Win 10.: Is this for real or a virus.. never had it ask if I would allow update to supported win10 version.. now its getting down to the nitty gritty told me it would update in 1 hour.... should I allow it... sounds like next time its not gonna even ask.. has anyone seen this? Win 10...
  3. Win 10 Popup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Popup: How do I stop "Manage Optional Features" popping up every time I start after a Windows 10 reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-popup/0fb00882-4093-47ab-b9b0-53458ed5fe1a
  4. Win 10 only allows me to install 32 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 only allows me to install 32 bit: Hello! I have a X64 bit processor (i7 920) Always had 64 bit system but i recently bought a original copy of win 10 pro and when i try to install: the installation stuck in the win 10 log with no “loading dots” but I also have a 32 bit installation and I was suprised that...
  5. Popups Asking For Money

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Popups Asking For Money: Split from this thread. Where did all this come from? My computer seems to be working OK. Always when something pops up on my screen wanting to fix something, They always want money. So I always shine them on....
  6. Quick support - alway asks me to login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick support - alway asks me to login: Everytime i start quick assist and start Give "assistance option", I am greeted with "Microsoft Sign in" message window..(although i selected remember me) and i have to neter my mail account .. On other PCs in my office, quick assistance doesn't ask for login details...
  7. Quick support - alway asks me to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick support - alway asks me to login: Everytime i start quick assist and start Give "assistance option", I am greeted with "Microsoft Sign in" message window..(although i selected remember me) and i have to neter my mail account .. On other PCs in my office, quick assistance doesn't ask for login details...
  8. POPUPS driver support

in Windows 10 Customization
    POPUPS driver support: Very annoying how to prevent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popups-driver-support/6d6ec11c-f72b-4f5d-9e7c-44ee2125cf7a
  9. pc asking for pw b4 it will allow me to install network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc asking for pw b4 it will allow me to install network printer: 2 pc's-- win 10 and win xp. i can share files from either pc but can't print from the xp to the win 10 (where the printer is installed) whenever i try to install a network printer to the xp pc, it wants a un and pw. both pc's have the same login pw. whenever i try to install...
  10. popup asking me to call windows? now asking me to restore computer

in Windows 10 Support
    popup asking me to call windows? now asking me to restore computer: r? tech/IT help please? so my mom went to a legit website unless she mistyped it, then a popup came up, saying system had a virus and to call windows with a phone #. we did & he said we hv ransomware *i don't think we have it though, didn't fit with what i googled* & he...