Windows 10: Popup folder in taskbar? - Solved

Discus and support Popup folder in taskbar? - Solved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found a function that provided this taskbar shortcut: Useful for drilling down but way too "populated" (with everything in my entire system). I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rumplestiltskin, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Popup folder in taskbar? - Solved

I found a function that provided this taskbar shortcut: Useful for drilling down but way too "populated" (with everything in my entire system). I've "pinned" folders to the File Explorer icon which permits me to open those folders quickly but what I'm looking for is something more akin to macOS's Finder Dock which permits one to drag in a folder and, when right-clicked, displays the hierarchical contents of that folder. Advice gratefully accepted. Thanks. Barry - - - - - Edit: A-ha! Found it; Right-click on Taskbar, select "Toolbars >New Toolbar...", select the specific folder you want and "Select Folder". A new toolbar (well, it really looks like a button) is created and it behaves very much like a folder added to macOS's Dock.

:)

rumplestiltskin, Jul 20, 2021
  2. blueworld Win User

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar window popups

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design. However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Popup folder in taskbar? - Solved

Taskbar Preview Popups Get Stuck "On"

Hi Kenton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if the issue persists with accessing the accessing the active apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Popup folder in taskbar? - Solved

1. Popup folder in taskbar? - Solved - Similar Threads - Popup folder taskbar

2. Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar: Hello there.Somehow while I've been using my Nitro 5 laptop, there's suddenly a "MainWindow" pop-up in the taskbar almost every time I start my laptop.This is how it looks like, however, it took me a few attempts to take a screenshot due to once it has shown, it just...
  3. Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar: Hello there.Somehow while I've been using my Nitro 5 laptop, there's suddenly a "MainWindow" pop-up in the taskbar almost every time I start my laptop.This is how it looks like, however, it took me a few attempts to take a screenshot due to once it has shown, it just...
  4. Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a way to disable that annoying popups in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable that annoying popups in taskbar?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/h185nzoiwdp61.png?width=410&format=png&auto=webp&s=73423bed2c13f48265cdc132b46cb0cf786ea3ab submitted by /u/leonorino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mdq49i/is_there_a_way_to_disable_that_annoying_popups_in/
  6. Taskbar Popup

Taskbar Popup: Hello, I'd like to disable an option with the taskbar. While my taskbar is automatically hidden, it pops up with no visible reason. This may be due to using chatting applications such as Discord or Steam, but I'd like for the taskbar to stay hidden, even when a...
  7. ad popup bottom right taskbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ad popup bottom right taskbar: Hi, Following a visit to this website [http://tobydeals.co.uk] I've started to receive a pop up in the bottom right of my screen, it's an ad with no option to close, that attempts to drag me back to the site. I've checked Chrome and added a Block pop ups for that URL. I've...
  8. DriverRestore popup and AbeApps folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DriverRestore popup and AbeApps folder: Is the DriverRestore popup and AbeApps folder a safe set of software, or should I remove it? The DriverRestore popup window repeatedly appears, recommending me to update drivers, but this is regarded as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is produced by a cmopany that...
  9. Taskbar thumbnail popups do not minimise....

Taskbar thumbnail popups do not minimise....: This has been asked before and the answer was just a momentary fix instead of an actual solution. When hovering over the open programs on the taskbar, we are presented with a thumbnail popup, this is supposed to minimize when you move the cursor away from it but do not. We...
  10. How to remove taskbar popups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove taskbar popups: Hello, here's a question i can't find the answer on google for. When i hover the mousepointer over the icons in the taskbar, a window pops up with the contents of the icon. HOw do i remove this phenomenon? thank you in advance 93589