Windows 10: Popup message "Put your picture in the right spot" appears when double-clicking any file to...

Discus and support Popup message "Put your picture in the right spot" appears when double-clicking any file to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Starting a couple days ago, whenever attempting to open a file from the desktop or any other folder, a popup message" Put your picture in the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DougButcher, May 21, 2020.

1. Popup message "Put your picture in the right spot" appears when double-clicking any file to...

Starting a couple days ago, whenever attempting to open a file from the desktop or any other folder, a popup message" Put your picture in the right spot" appears instead of the file opening with proper application. This happens when double-clicking any file type from any folder location.

:)

DougButcher, May 21, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, May 21, 2020
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

Yes.

4. blueworld Win User

Popup message "Put your picture in the right spot" appears when double-clicking any file to...

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Popup message "Put your picture in the right spot" appears when double-clicking any file to...

1. Popup message "Put your picture in the right spot" appears when double-clicking any file to... - Similar Threads - Popup message Put

2. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  3. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  4. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  6. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  7. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

8. Take screenshot of time and date when clicking on it and popup appears in lower right

Take screenshot of time and date when clicking on it and popup appears in lower right: HI I was wondering if I could get some help please when I click on the clock on the lower taskbar their pops up a box witch has the calandar and above that their is the time today. The only thing is that the time is wrong just like the time is wrong on the start screen. I...
  9. Take screenshot of time and date when clicking on it and popup appears in lower right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Take screenshot of time and date when clicking on it and popup appears in lower right: HI I was wondering if I could get some help please when I click on the clock on the lower taskbar their pops up a box witch has the calandar and above that their is the time today. The only thing is that the time is wrong just like the time is wrong on the start screen. I...
  10. Double-Click Hold for Right-Click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double-Click Hold for Right-Click: Hey everyone. I don't know if this is quite the most relevant subreddit for this question, but it was the closest I could think of. I recently purchased an air mouse with lots of useful hotkeys and a handheld keyboard that make it really good for couch PC use, but it's...